RHP Jacob Waguespack Named Bisons Opening Day Starter
Bisons manager Bobby Meacham has announced that RHP Jacob Waguespack is scheduled to be the Herd's Opening Day starter as the Bisons host the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders on Thursday, April 4 at Sahlen Field (2 p.m.).
Waguespack will be joined by LHP Shawn Morimando, RHP Conor Fisk, RHP Jordan Romano, and RHP David Paulino in the team's rotation to begin the 2019 season.
Waguespack, 25, was acquired by the Blue Jays on July 31, 2018 in a trade with the Philadelphia Phillies (LHP Aaron Loup). Two days later, the Prairieville, LA native set a Bisons modern era record for a pitcher in his debut, striking out 12 of his former Lehigh Valley IronPigs teammates. The right hander went on to log back-to-back wins for the Bisons on August 8 and 13. Overall, he made six starts and seven overall appearances for the Herd, with 33 strikeouts over 39.1 innings of work (2-4, 5.03 ERA).
Waguespack originally signed as a free agent with the Phillies organization in 2015, spending parts of his first four seasons in their Minor League system, reaching Triple-A with the Iron Pigs. He recorded his only save of the 2018 season against the Bisons on May 11th.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 2, 2019
- IronPigs fall to Fightins in 222 Showcase - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Announce Preliminary Opening Day Roster - Indianapolis Indians
- Columbus Clippers Announce 2019 Opening Day Roster - Columbus Clippers
- Red Wings Announce Home Opener Plans - Rochester Red Wings
- RHP Jacob Waguespack Named Bisons Opening Day Starter - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Announce 2019 Preliminary Roster - Louisville Bats
- Homestand Highlighs: Stripers Host Bobby Cox at Coolray Field Opening - Gwinnett Stripers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.