RGV Vipers & RGV FC Host Joint Holiday Book Drive-Thru Giveaway
EDINBURG, Texas (Friday, Dec. 11, 2020) - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers and Rio Grande Valley FC in partnership with South Texas Literacy Coalition will host a Holiday Book Drive-Thru Giveaway on Monday, December 14 at Bert Ogden Arena.
More than 5,000 books will be distributed to 1,500 children ages 18 and under from across the Valley in hopes of increasing literacy within the community. Each child will get the opportunity to take home their own at-home library that consists of five books per child.
South Texas Literacy Coalition is a non-profit organization that enhances and enriches the quality of life for our region with literacy, outreach, and programming through community partnerships that lead to more literate communities. They believe that reading is the foundation for all future learning. They wish to inspire a community of lifelong readers through serving as leaders in the community by creating awareness on the issue of literacy.
In addition, South Texas Literacy Coalition advocates for awareness, funding and supporting a more literate population, increasing family involvement in literacy activities, and engaging with volunteers and local organizations to expand their public presence.
WHEN: MONDAY, DECEMBER 14
4 P.M. TO 6 P.M.
WHERE: BERT OGDEN ARENA
1616 S RAUL LONGORIA RD.
EDINBURG, TEXAS, 78542
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 11, 2020
- RGV Vipers & RGV FC Host Joint Holiday Book Drive-Thru Giveaway - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Hernandez to Join RGV Via Trade
- Porter Jr. Records First Triple-Double of G League Season in Vipers Big Win over BayHawks
- Lamb Joins RGV from Canton Charge
- Thomas Earns Two-Way Call-Up with Cleveland Cavaliers
- Porter Jr. Scores 28, Vipers Fall to Greensboro 109-115