Revolution Open 2020 Preseason Schedule against LA Galaxy
CARSON, Calif. - The New England Revolution opened the 2020 preseason with a 2-1 loss to the LA Galaxy on the grounds of Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif. The Revolution will resume preseason action on Wednesday, Feb. 12 against the Colorado Rapids at 2:00 p.m. ET.
The Galaxy struck first in the match with a goal from Ethan Zubak in the eighth minute. The hosts then doubled their lead in the 34th minute with a Cristian PavÃ³n goal, before New England closed the gap in the 42nd minute when Gustavo Bou tapped in a cross from Cristian Penilla, which was helped along by Adam Buksa. Justin Rennicks had an opportunity to equalize for the Revolution in the 78th minute, but his close-range shot was saved to preserve the 2-1 scoreline.
Following Wednesday's match against Colorado, the Revolution will travel to Portland, Ore. for a preseason tournament hosted by the Portland Timbers, which matches scheduled for Feb. 16 vs. Minnesota United FC, Feb. 19 vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC, and Feb. 22 against the Timbers.
New England Revolution 1, LA Galaxy 2
February 10, 2020 - Carson, Calif.
LA - Ethan Zubak (Cristian PavÃ³n) 8'
LA - Cristian PavÃ³n (Sebastian Lletget) 34'
NE - Gustavo Bou (Adam Buksa, Cristian Penilla) 42'
New England Revolution: Matt Turner (Brad Knighton HT); Seth Sinovic (DeJuan Jones HT), Henry Kessler, Andrew Farrell, Brandon Bye (Simon Lekressner 60'); Diego Fagundez (Justin Rennicks 60'), Wilfried Zahibo (Scott Caldwell 60'), Kelyn Rowe (Nicolas Firmino 60'); Gustavo Bou © (Teal Bunbury 60'), Adam Buksa (Isaac Angking 60'), Cristian Penilla (Tajon Buchanan 60')
LA Galaxy: David Bingham (Justin Vom Steeg 60'), Rolf Feltscher (Tom Smart 60'), Giancarlo Gonzalez (Nick DePuy 60'), Daniel Steres (Diedie Traore 60'), Danilo Acosta (Julian Araujo HT), Joe Corona, Sebastian Lletget (Emil Cuello 60'), Sacha Kljestan (Carlos Harvey 60'), Cristian Pavon (Efrain Alvarez 60'), Ethan Zubak (Gordon Wild HT), Aleksandar Katai (Kai Koreniuk 60')
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 10, 2020
- Impact and Ignacio Piatti Agree to the Termination of His Contract - Montreal Impact
- This Week in Preseason: Week Four Preview - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: February 10, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Open 2020 Preseason Schedule against LA Galaxy - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party at Tom's Watch Bar for February 29 Opening Match in Houston - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United Signs Brad Guzan to Contract Extension - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs RSL Academy Forward Christopher Garcia - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC Earns Preseason Win with Four-Goal Performance vs. Louisville City FC - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas Midfielder Bryan Acosta Underwent Successful Appendectomy - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- NBC Sports Boston to Re-Air Classic New England Revolution Matches
- New England Revolution Statement
- New England Revolution Issue Statement on MLS Season Suspension
- Revolution and Chicago Fire FC Play to 1-1 Draw
- New England Revolution Announce All-Time Team