Revolution II Game Preview: New England vs. Forward Madison FC
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - New England Revolution II (5-7-3, 18 pts.) will close out its inaugural season on Saturday night with a trip to face Forward Madison FC (4-5-6, 18 pts.) at Hart Park in Wauwatosa, Wis. The contest kicks off at 8:00 p.m. ET and is available nationally on ESPN+.
Revolution II saw its five-game unbeaten run snapped on Wednesday night with a 4-0 defeat at South Georgia Tormenta FC. In the match, Academy defender Colby Quinones (2003 - Bedford, N.H.) became the first active youth player in club history to surpass 1,000 professional minutes with a 90-minute effort. Quinones, also a member of the Academy's residency program, is the sixth player to reach the mark during Revolution II's inaugural season.
Entering the final match of the season, a pair of Homegrown Players - and Revolution Academy products - are vying for the team's scoring lead. Midfielder Nicolas Firmino, who along with Maciel is one of two players poised to start all 16 matches this season, leads the side with four goals and two assists. Fellow Massachusetts native Justin Rennicks is close on his heels with three goals -- all game winners -- in seven USL League One games. Firmino enters the game with an advantage in the assists tiebreaker, with two to Rennicks' one.
Forward Madison FC is also coming off a midweek match, having hosted North Texas SC on Wednesday night. A late, stoppage-time penalty awarded to North Texas was converted, handing Madison its first home loss of the season, 1-0. Madison and New England met once earlier this year on Sept. 4 at Gillette Stadium, with the Flamingos securing a 4-0 victory over Revolution II.
Match #16: Revolution II vs. Forward Madison FC
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2020
Kickoff: 8:00 p.m. ET
Location: Hart Park (Wauwatosa, Wis.)
Streaming: ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Josh Eastern (play-by-play)
WHAT TO WATCH FOR against Forward Madison FC:
- Revolution II closing its inaugural season with a league-best fourth away win (3-3-1).
- Midfielders Nicolas Firmino and Maciel making their 16th start of the season to become the only two members of the squad to start in every game.
- Forward Justin Rennicks chasing Firmino for the team's 2020 scoring title. Rennicks has three goals through seven games with Revolution II, all game winners, while Firmino has four goals.
- Midfielder Tiago Mendonca and forwards Connor Presley and Orlando Sinclair all potentially surpassing 1,000 minutes played on the season.
- Mendonca and Presley registering an appearance to have played in all 16 league games.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from October 23, 2020
- Match Preview: Greenville Triumph at Orlando City B - Greenville Triumph SC
- Revolution II Game Preview: New England vs. Forward Madison FC - New England Revolution II
- Kickers Close out Regular Season at Home Saturday - Richmond Kickers
- Match Notes: Tormenta FC at North Texas SC - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Which Playoff Reality Will Rise to the Top? - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
- Orlando City B to Play Season Finale against Greenville Triumph - Orlando City B
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution II Stories
- New England Revolution II Sign Defender Prosper Figbe
- Revolution II Defender Colby Quinones Called up to Puerto Rico National Team
- Revolution II Sign Two Players for 2021 Season
- Revolution II Sign Four Players Including Academy Product Colby Quinones, Announce Year-End Roster Moves
- Revolution II Player Tests Positive