Revolution II Game Preview: New England vs. Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - New England Revolution II (1-4-2, 5 pts.) will play the second match of its two-game homestand on Wednesday night, hosting Chattanooga Red Wolves SC. The contest kicks off at 7:00 p.m. ET and is available nationally on ESPN+, and internationally on YouTube.
The two teams are meeting for the second time in 11 days, with Chattanooga winning the first meeting, 4-0, at CHI Memorial Stadium on Aug. 29. Revolution II most recently took on Forward Madison FC last Friday, falling 4-0 at Gillette Stadium. Revolution Academy forward Michael Tsicoulias became the 18th player to make his professional debut this season, starting and playing 68 minutes at striker last Friday. So far, 11 current or former Revolution Academy players have made their pro debuts at the USL League One level this season.
"Chattanooga is a team, at least from what we've seen, that has a way of playing and we believe they'll stick with that," said Revolution II Head Coach Clint Peay. "And for us, it's about being better with the ball, being better defensively as a group, reading the play better, and not making silly mistakes."
Chattanooga is coming off a 1-1 draw on the road at Fort Lauderdale CF last Saturday. Midfielder Ualefi factored in the goal for Chattanooga while the Red Wolves outshot the hosts 8-2 for the night. In four road games this season, Red Wolves SC is 0-1-3 with six goals allowed and a minus-one goal differential.
Match #8: Revolution II vs. Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Kickoff: 7:00 p.m. ET
Location: Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
Streaming: ESPN+ (National) / YouTube (International)
Talent: Chris Mackowiak (play-by-play)
WHAT TO WATCH FOR against Chattanooga Red Wolves SC:
- Several Revolution first-team players continuing to see action in League One play, including Damian Rivera, Nicolas Firmino, and Collin Verfurth.
- Goalkeeper Joe Rice building on his third six-save performance of the season on Friday, propelling him into the league lead in saves with 25 on the year.
- Academy defender Colby Quinones continuing to lead all youth players in minutes, having logged 344 so far.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from September 8, 2020
- Revolution II Game Preview: New England vs. Chattanooga Red Wolves SC - New England Revolution II
- Kraft, Terzaghi Earn Team of the Week Honors - Richmond Kickers
- Attacking Duo Highlighted During Week 8 - Greenville Triumph SC
- Greenville's Alex Morrell earns Player of the Week honors after keying win against Tormenta FC - USL1
- 3 Points for the Weekend: New England Revolution II - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
- Tormenta FC Releases Goalkeeper Parker Siegfried from Contract - South Georgia Tormenta FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution II Stories
- Revolution II Falls, 4-0, at Tormenta FC
- Revolution II Game Preview: New England vs. South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Revolution II Draws with North Texas SC, 1-1
- Revolution II Game Preview: New England vs. North Texas SC
- Revolution II Defeats Fort Lauderdale CF, 4-1