Revolution Hold off Late Patriots Rally for Win
Bridgewater, NJ- The York Revolution (20-13, 48-55) defeated the Somerset Patriots (15-16, 57-44) 5-2 before 6,071 fans at TD Bank Ballpark on Wednesday night.
The Revolution took a 1-0 lead in the top of the fourth inning on an RBI single by Isaias Tejeda.
Jared Mitchell's solo home run (10) in the fifth inning made the score 2-0 in favor of York.
The Revolution extended the lead with two runs in the top of the sixth inning on an RBI double by Telvin Nash and an RBI single by Mitchell.
Somerset cut the lead in half in the bottom of the frame on a two-run double by Justin Pacchioli.
"I was just looking for a good pitch I can hit. I knew that I was going to get something that I could drive in that at bat and I was just trying not to miss it," said Pacchioli.
Nash struck again for the Revolution with a sacrifice fly in the top of the eighth inning the 5-2 final.
Jay Gause (8-1) picked up the win, allowing two earned runs on three hits and six strikeouts in 5.2 innings pitched. David Kubiak (5-9) suffered the loss, allowing four runs (three earned) on seven hits and seven strikeouts in six innings pitched. Brad Allen earned his 17th save with a scoreless ninth inning.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from August 10, 2017
- Revolution Hold off Late Patriots Rally for Win - Somerset Patriots
- Four-Run Fourth Gives Flock Sixth Straight Win - Long Island Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Somerset Patriots Stories
- Somerset Patriots Sign Major League Infielder Alex Castellanos
- Somerset Patriots Land Major League Outfielder Danny Dorn
- Somerset Patriots Re-Sign Catcher Alfonso Reda
- Somerset Patriots Re-Sign All-Star Outfielder Justin Pacchioli
- Somerset Patriots Re-Sign Infielder Alfredo Rodriguez