Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution have hired 98.5 The Sports Hub anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as the club's public address announcer for the 2020 Major League Soccer season. A veteran sports announcer and on-air personality with nearly two decades of experience behind the microphone in the Boston area, Riley is currently a sports anchor on the Revolution's flagship radio station, 98.5 The Sports Hub (WBZ-FM).
In addition to announcing all Revolution home games at Gillette Stadium in 2020, beginning with the home opener on Saturday, March 7 vs. Chicago Fire FC, Riley's current roles include serving as public address announcer for Babson College men's and women's basketball, Providence College men's ice hockey, and the Boston Cannons. His selection comes following an extensive audition process during the 2019 season, during which he stepped into the Gillette Stadium booth on multiple occasions to announce Revolution games. He has also filled in for Patriots home games and at TD Garden for the Boston Bruins.
Riley has served as the public address announcer for several collegiate programs throughout New England, calling multiple sports for Boston College and Mount Ida College, as well as men's ice hockey for Bentley University, and Merrimack College. He spent time as the Master of Ceremonies for Boston Blazers lacrosse games at TD Garden, and minor league baseball outfits Brockton Rox and the Lowell Spinners. He also served as announcer for Needham High School Athletics from 1999-2011.
Before Riley makes his 2020 debut at Gillette Stadium with the club's 2020 home opener on March 7 vs. Chicago, the Revolution will open the milestone 25th season on Saturday, Feb. 29 against the Montreal Impact (3:00 p.m. ET). Season Memberships are now on sale for the 2020 season starting at only $29 per month. For more information on how to Season Memberships and how to purchase tickets, please call 1-877-GET-REVS or visit revolutionsoccer.net.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution Announce 2020 Broadcast Team
- Revolution Top Portland Timbers, 3-1, to Conclude Preseason
- Revolution Drop Preseason Match to Vancouver Whitecaps FC, 2-0
- Revolution Battle to 2-2 Draw with Minnesota United FC to Open Portland Preseason Tournament
- Revolution Top Colorado Rapids, 3-1, in Preseason Action