Rest of IceRays' Season Canceled Due to Covid-19
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The North American Hockey League announced Monday that the remainder of the 2019-20 NAHL regular season has been canceled due to the COVID-19 ("coronavirus") pandemic.
Though a decision is still forthcoming regarding the Robertson Cup Playoffs, the IceRays were previously eliminated from the playoff race. Corpus Christi's season has officially come to an end.
Season ticket members and sponsors will receive additional information in the coming days regarding credits toward the 2020-21 season. Single game tickets can be refunded at point of purchase.
Statement from NAHL Commissioner Mark Frankenfeld (via NAHL.com):
"We understand that this is a very difficult time for our hockey community and we are working on all options in order to conclude the season with a Robertson Cup Championship. We are actively and continuously monitoring a very challenging and fluid environment in order make the right decision everyone involved."
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2020
- NAHL Cancels Remaining 2019-20 Regular Season Games - Aberdeen Wings
- Rest of IceRays' Season Canceled Due to Covid-19 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- NAHL Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Austin Bruins
- NAHL Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Regular Season - NAHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- IceRays Hire Drew Steele as New Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
- IceRays to Hold Press Conference Thursday
- Rest of IceRays' Season Canceled Due to Covid-19
- NAHL Pauses Regular Season Games Due to COVID-19
- Carroll Named NAHL South Division Star of the Week