Republic FC Sign Midfielder Tucker Bone
Sacramento, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC announced today that Midfielder Tucker Bone will join Republic FC on its 2021 roster, pending league and federation approval. Per club policy, the terms of the contract were not disclosed.
"Tucker's team-first mentality and tenacity add another dangerous player to our attacking group," said Republic FC General Manager Todd Dunivant. "He's a dynamic and versatile player that is one of Sacramento's own, and we are excited to welcome him home."
The 24-year-old joins Republic FC following a season with Reno 1868 FC, where he started 24 regular season matches, two playoff matches and scored four goals and contributed one assist. In the abbreviated 2020 campaign, Bone was named to the USL Championship Team of the Week for his performances in Week 9 and 11. In the second half of the 2019 season, he signed his first pro contract with Colorado Springs Switchbacks where he made 16 appearances (8 starts) and recorded his first pro goal and assist.
Tucker was selected 20th by Seattle Sounders FC in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft, after a decorated four-year collegiate career at the Air Force Academy. He was a two-time MAC Hermann Trophy semi-finalist, and earned Western Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year accolades in his senior season.
He is a back-to-back First Team All-America recipient, awarded to the best eleven collegiate players annually. In the past decade, only 15 players out of 110 have been selected to receive the honor twice. Bone recorded 25 goals and 22 assists in his career with the Falcons. Prior to attending Air Force Academy, Tucker was a two-sport letterman at Jesuit High School in Carmichael and played for area youth clubs, Placer United and Sacramento United.
Weight: 162 pounds
Born: January 23, 1996
Birthplace: Tacoma, Washington
Country: United States
Previous Club: Reno 1868 FC
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 20, 2021
- San Antonio FC Signs Midfielder Emil Cuello - San Antonio FC
- Dave Carton Named Head Coach of Independence 2 - Charlotte Independence
- United Soccer League Launches Impact Committee, Somos Unidos Foundation Executive Director Named Committee Lead - New Mexico United
- FC Tulsa Set for Soft Opening of Team Shop on Saturday - FC Tulsa
- A Letter to Fans from Bruce Mandell - Hartford Athletic
- Republic FC Sign Midfielder Tucker Bone - Sacramento Republic FC
- Indy Eleven Represented on New USL Impact Committee - Indy Eleven
- USL Impact Committee Launches, Identifies Areas of Focus - USL
- USL Expects 'Productive Two Weeks' as Winter Summit Goes All-Digital - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Official Club Statement: February 26, 2021
- Third Edition of Republic FC Kickstart Grant Program to Highlight Women-Owned, Small Businesses Throughout March
- Around the Leagues: USWNT Grabs SheBelieves Cup Glory
- Black Trailblazers in Football: Desmond Armstrong
- Calling All Kids: 2021 SRFC Camps and Clinics Available in Your Area