RedHawks Beat Winnipeg 6-2 in Rain-Shortened Exhibition Game
FARGO, N.D. - Fargo-Moorhead scored five runs in the sixth inning before Saturday's exhibition game against the Winnipeg Goldeyes was called midway through the seventh due to rain. The RedHawks earned their first win of the pre-season with a 6-2 decision over their North Division rivals.
The RedHawks scored four runs on wild pitches in the sixth and Tim Colwell singled home another run to take back the lead after Winnipeg got its first two runs of the afternoon in the top half of the inning. The sequence included three straight wild pitches on three pitches to gift F-M its biggest lead of the game.
Brennan Metzger went 1-for-2 with two runs scored and a walk in the contest. The RedHawks picked up their six runs on only four hits this afternoon.
Kevin Grendell earned the win for the RedHawks after coming on in relief in the sixth, but starting pitcher Bradin Hagens was stellar from the start today. Hagens gave up no runs on four hits over five innings of work while walking three and striking out six.
The RedHawks will travel to Sioux Falls and Lincoln next Tuesday and Wednesday for the final two exhibition games of the preseason next Tuesday and Wednesday before starting the 2019 regular season on May 17 in Kansas City against the T-Bones. The 2019 RedHawks Home Opener is Monday, May 20th at 6:00 PM, against the expansion Milwaukee Milkmen. All games will be available on fmredhawks.com and American Association TV.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 11, 2019
- Saints Begin Exhibition Season with 13-2 Victory over Crow River Valley League All-Stars - St. Paul Saints
- RedHawks Beat Winnipeg 6-2 in Rain-Shortened Exhibition Game - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RHP Michael Blazek Heading to Nationals Organization - Lincoln Saltdogs
- All-Star Thompson Headed to Red Sox - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- F-M RedHawks Reveal 25th Season Commemorative Logo
- RedHawks Announce 2020 Regular Season Schedule
- RedHawks Win 4-3 in Game Two of NDCS; One Game Away from Series Win
- Jim Bennett Named 2019 American Association Manager of the Year
- RedHawks Take Game One of NDCS with 3-2 Victory over Saints