RedBlacks to Honour Past, Look to Future with New Playing Surface at TD Place
OTTAWA - With the turf at TD Place currently being replaced, OSEG and the Ottawa REDBLACKS will take care of one important, ceremonial detail on the field Tuesday afternoon. They're embedding a 2016 silver dollar in the sub-surface of the field to channel the Grey Cup karma of the 2016 REDBLACKS' championship team to all future editions of the club.
The idea for this goes back to 2014 when, prior to the start of the REDBLACKS first season, a 1976 silver dollar was set into the sub-surface to radiate good luck from the '76 Ottawa Rough Riders, which, at the time, was the last Ottawa team to win a Grey Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 6, 2020
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ottawa RedBlacks Stories
- RedBlacks Sign Linebacker Brad Cowan, Bring Back Three Others
- All-Star Kicker Lewis Ward Returns to RedBlacks
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Global Players Jose Maltos and Guillermo Villalobos
- Mickael Cote, Raphael Araujo-Lopes Return to RedBlacks
- RedBlacks Bring Back Baltimore and Mason for 2021