Redbirds, 901 FC, AutoZone Park Announce Strategic Partnership with Terminix
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Redbirds, Memphis 901 FC, and AutoZone Park have announced a substantial partnership with Memphis' own Terminix, a leading provider of termite and pest control services and a ServiceMaster company.
As part of the multi-year agreement, Terminix will:
- be the front-of-jersey sponsor for Memphis' professional soccer team, Memphis 901 FC, which is entering its inaugural USL Championship season next month
- have naming rights for the brand-new "Terminix Terrace" being branded and activated at AutoZone Park in the right field picnic area
- provide Saturday night entertainment for Redbirds fans during "Terminix Saturday Fireworks Shows"
- provide fans the chance to win prizes during Redbirds games if the Memphis pitcher strikes out the opponent's "Pest of the Game"
"We are thrilled to team up with a local company like Terminix for this major partnership," Redbirds and 901 FC President Craig Unger said. "When ServiceMaster moved its 1,200 employees to Downtown Memphis and set up its headquarters just two blocks from AutoZone Park, we immediately sought ways we could synergize our Memphis institutions. We think fans will very much enjoy having The Bluff City's own Terminix involved in multiple ways at AutoZone Park this year and beyond."
"We're proud to call the vibrant community of Memphis home," said Matthew Stevenson, president of Terminix Residential. "Making a difference for our neighbors is important to us and we want to extend our presence from our recently opened downtown headquarters to support other community organizations just down the street."
"This combined sponsorship allows us to reach not only the 1.2 million households in Memphis and the surrounding area, but also allows us to expand into new market segments and demographics," said Matthew Loos, vice president of sales effectiveness and marketing for Terminix. "The USL surpassed 2 million in attendance in 2018, and we are excited for this opportunity to expand our diverse and growing customer base across the United States and Canada."
Memphis 901 FC Front-of-Jersey Sponsorship
One of the most high-profile parts of a soccer team is its uniform, or "kit," and the front-of-jersey sponsor is immediately recognizable in-venue, on television and internet broadcasts, through pictures, and as people are wearing the kits to support their team. Terminix is recognized as "Defenders of Home," and these jerseys will springboard 901 FC's mission to "Defend Memphis." Additional details on the reveal date for the kits will be available at a later date.
To be branded and activated in the right field picnic area, the Terminix Terrace will be home to picnics and gatherings during all events at AutoZone Park. The Terminix Terrace will have an entry archway that will signal the excitement that awaits all fans who head that way during their time at AutoZone Park. Group outings in the Terminix Terrace can be booked by calling AutoZone Park representatives at (901) 721-6000.
Terminix Saturday Fireworks Shows
Saturday night fireworks after Redbirds games are famous throughout the region, and they will head to a new level as "Terminix Saturday Fireworks Shows" beginning in 2019. Fans will be talking for days about these postgame fireworks spectaculars, and a package that includes tickets to all 12 Terminix Saturday Fireworks Shows in 2019, the St. Louis Cardinals exhibition game, the Triple-A National Championship Game, the Memorial Day Celebration, the Independence Day Celebration, and more, is available at www.memphisredbirds.com .
Terminix Pest of the Game
Ever wished you could exterminate that pesky pest from your home? The Redbirds feel the same way when that certain hitter comes to the plate, and now, fans will win when the Redbirds strike out the opponent's "Pest of the Game." Be on the lookout for t-shirts heading into the crowd when that "Pest of the Game" is exterminated!
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Tickets to be Available on Saturday, February 23 for First Tacoma Rainiers Homestand - Tacoma Rainiers
- River Cats Announce Lower Ticket Prices for Select 2019 Games - Sacramento River Cats
- Redbirds, 901 FC, AutoZone Park Announce Strategic Partnership with Terminix - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- 9,123 Fans Jam AutoZone Park for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Triple-A National Champion to be Crowned Tomorrow Night
- Triple-A Baseball, Allegiant Announce Historic On-Field Jersey Partnership
- Redbirds, "I Love Memphis" Partner for $5 Tickets for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Ponce de Leon Named Pacific Coast League Player of the Month