Red Wings Announce 51-Degree Guarantee
ROCHESTER, NY - Rochester Red Wings General Manager Dan Mason has not had good luck with 50-degree guarantees the last four seasons. Despite nailing his guarantee just once since 2015, Mason is upping the ante and announced a 51-degree guarantee for the Home Opener on Thursday, April 11 at 6:05 p.m.
"My skeptics, who will remain nameless, are quick to point out that I have only been successful once in the last four years," said Dan 'Duke of Doppler' Mason. "However, I believe that predicting the weather is a lot like hitting a baseball. Going into this year I'm batting .250 when prognosticating the Opening Day temperature. Hitting .250 was good enough for some guys to receive votes for induction into the Hall of Fame. Thus, my confidence is at an all-time high and I'm upping the stakes in 2019. I guarantee it will be at least 51 degrees on Opening Night on April 11. And if 51 degrees isn't warm enough for fans we will be giving away a reversible winter hat to the first 1,500 fans courtesy of Dunkin'."
If the temperature displayed on the ballpark thermometer in right field doesn't reach 51 during the game, all fans in attendance will receive a ticket to any Red Wings home game in April or May. The historical average high temperature in Rochester on April 11 is around 52 degrees.
Single-game tickets for all 70 home games, including the Home Opener, go on sale at 10 a.m. on Wednesday at RedWingsBaseball.com. The newest seating area, the Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack Left Field Terrace, will also have single-game availability beginning Wednesday. The Early Bird Pack, which includes a premium box ticket to all 14 home games in April, is only $49 per seat. Group outings (20 or more tickets) can also be booked. Both options are available by calling (585) 454-1001.
Rochester opens the 2019 season in Lehigh Valley on Thursday, April 4 at 7:05 p.m. The Home Opener is on Thursday, April 11 at 6:05 p.m. against the IronPigs.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Season Starter Ticket Pack Includes Entire First Month for Only $44 - Buffalo Bisons
- Mud Hens Single Game Tickets on Sale Friday - Toledo Mud Hens
- Indians Ranked One of Indiana's Best Places to Work - Indianapolis Indians
- Watch and Retweet to win a Spring Training Excursion - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings Announce 51-Degree Guarantee - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Red Wings Stories
- Former Wings Dozier, Pressly to Compete for World Series Title
- Skinner, Cliburn, Valentin Not Renewed by Minnesota for 2020
- USA Baseball Names Two Red Wings to Premier12 Roster
- Twins Division Series Roster Features 18 Former Red Wings
- Red Wings Nominated Again for John Henry Moss Community Service Award