Red Sox Shutout Bisons
The Bisons lost the second game of a three-game set to Pawtucket on Saturday evening, 3-0, at McCoy Stadium after giving up a trio of runs in the middle innings.
Going scoreless for the first three innings, the PawSox put their first run on the board in the fourth frame after Brock Holt and Pablo Sandoval batted consecutive singles. Bryce Brentz then hit a grounder to second that resulted in a Bisons double play and scored Holt from third.
Pawtucket took advantage of the next inning and added two more runs to their cause. Ryan Court was the first to reach base when he hit a line drive single to left field. Matt Dominguez cleaned up with his seventh double of the year to score Court after drilling a pitch to left field. Finally, Dominguez made his way home thanks to an RBI single to right from Rusney Castillo.
Although Buffalo had just three hits in the loss, they did have a chance to score in the second inning. Rowdy Tellez reached first on a grounder towards third base and advanced to third after a double from Gregorio Petit . Buffalo missed out on the opportunity when Raffy Lopez, Shane Opitz, and Jon Berti all struck out to end the inning.
Chris Rowley (L, 1-2) made the start from the mound for the Herd. The righty tossed for six innings and allowed all of Pawtucket's runs and three hits. John Stilson and J.P. Howell closed the game out with scoreless relief.
Buffalo finishes up their series with the Red Sox on Sunday with a 1:35 p.m. matchup. The game will be the last before the Triple-A All-Star break. Southpaw Brett Oberholtzer (1-6, 5.98 ERA) will pitch for the Herd and Eduardo Rodriguez (0-1, 9.00 ERA) will start for Pawtucket
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 9, 2017
- Slegers, Wings Blank Chiefs - Rochester Red Wings
- Giolito Goes the Distance in Victory - Charlotte Knights
- Bats Drop Two - Louisville Bats
- Indians Edge Braves for Third Straight Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- Gwinnett falls Indianapolis - Gwinnett Stripers
- PawSox Topple Bisons in Another Shutout Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Red Sox Shutout Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Beat the Bats in Suspended Game - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons Game Notes (DH) - Buffalo at Rochester (Game 1: 5:35 p.m.)
- Bisons Rally Falls Short in 11-8 Slugfest
- Bisons Game Notes - Syracuse at Buffalo (1:05 p.m.)
- Rich Entertainment Group Extends Partnership with the Coca-Cola Bottling Company of New England for Ballpark, Canalside & Outer Harbor
- RHP Sean Reid-Foley Promoted to the Herd, Set to Make Triple-A Debut Today