Red Hot Bruins Host Coulee Region on Black Friday
Two of the hottest teams in the NAHL will meet up on Friday at Riverside Arena as the Austin Bruins (9-6-1-3) take on the Coulee Region Chill (6-7-1-4). The Bruins are winners of three in a row after a sweep of the Minnesota Wilderness this past weekend, and they've gained a point in all six November games (5-0-1), with a shootout loss at Coulee on October 10th as the only blemish. They sit two points behind the Aberdeen Wings and Bismarck Bobcats for first place in the Central Division.
Paying homage to "Black Friday," the Bruins will wear their black road uniforms at home, allowing fans who do not travel to see them in person. The first 200 fans through the door wearing Bruins apparel (t-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, hats, etc) will receive a free collectible mini-stick, courtesy of First Farmers and Merchants Bank. It's also "MS Awareness Night." The Bruins will have information from the MS Society about Multiple Sclerosis and distribute t-shirts and stickers throughout the night.
The Bruins and Chill played a pair of shootout thrillers two weekends ago, with the home team prevailing in both games, capped by a 3-2 Bruins win on Veteran's Day (Military Appreciation Night). Coulee Region hosts Janesville on Wednesday night before traveling to Austin for the 7:05 Black Friday puck drop. Doors will open at 6:00. Fans can always purchase discounted tickets in Austin at Hy-Vee, Jim's Marketplace, Games People Play, and the Holiday Inn.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 21, 2017
- Red Hot Bruins Host Coulee Region on Black Friday - Austin Bruins
- BULLS DROP SHOOTOUT DECISION TO ROADRUNNERS - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Bruins Welcome Back Nick Lehr as Goaltending Coach
- Four Bruins, One Tender Selected in USHL Phase II Draft, Including Rochester Native Lamppa
- Bruins Season Ends with Double OT Loss in Minot
- Bruins Head to Minot in "Must-Win" Mode
- Bruins Fall in OT, Trail Central Division Championship Series 2-0