Red Deer World Juniors Postponed
The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) announced today all games for the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship will be played in Edmonton this coming December and January without fans in attendance.
The IIHF also announced the World Junior Championship will return to Edmonton and Red Deer in just one year (December 2021 / January 2022).
All ticket packages purchased for the 2021 World Juniors in Edmonton and Red Deer will remain valid for the 2022 World Juniors, ensuring another sold out event. Ticket holders will have their packages (including the same seats) automatically transferred to the 2022 event at no incremental cost.
All ticket holders will receive an update regarding their ticket options via email from Hockey Canada today. Those who cannot attend the 2022 World Juniors will be given an option for a full refund.
Over 100,000 fans remain on a waiting list for World Junior ticket packages in Edmonton and Red Deer.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2020
- Edmonton to Host Back-To-Back World Juniors - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Red Deer World Juniors Postponed - Red Deer Rebels
- Sidewalk Sale Set for September 23 & 24 - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Red Deer Rebels Stories
- No Training Camp for Rebels Prior to Start of 2020-21 Season
- Western Hockey League Announces Opening Date for 2020-21 Regular Season
- Sutter Disappointed for Sedoff, King After Both Passed over in NHL Draft
- Rebels Veteran Douglas Working on Improving His Offensive Game During Extended Off-Season
- Red Deer World Juniors Postponed