Red Bull Arena to Host U.S. Women's National Team and Mexico WNT in Send-Off Series
HARRISON, N.J. - Red Bull Arena will host the U.S. Women's National Team and the Mexico Women's National Team on May 26 as part of the USWNT's Send-Off Series ahead of the FIFA 2019 Women's World Cup, U.S. Soccer announced today. The U.S. and Mexico will meet at noon in the final match before the U.S. team travels to France.
"This schedule checks a lot of important boxes in our preparation for the World Cup," said U.S. WNT head coach Jill Ellis. "We'll get to experience a variety of teams in regard to their strengths and styles of play and almost all of the countries will be in their World Cup preparation as well. We are playing tough games in Europe, which is vitally important, and also get to play quality opponents in front of our home fans at venues all across the USA. It will go fast, but these games will be a major factor in pushing us to be at our peak once we arrive in France next summer."
The USA also played its final send-off match before the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup at Red Bull Arena, drawing 0-0 with the Korea Republic. This will be the sixth match for the U.S. Women at the home of the New York Red Bulls.
New York Red Bulls 2019 Red Members will have pre-sale access beginning on Wednesday, December 12 at 10 a.m. Details for the pre-sale will be communicated directly to Red Members.
Tickets for all domestic matches will go on sale to the public Thursday, Dec. 13 through ussoccer.com at 10 a.m. local time for that venue. Groups of 20 or more can order directly at ussoccer.com.
As of Monday, Dec. 10, U.S. Soccer members will have pre-sale access to tickets. Click here to join U.S. Soccer Membership.
For all eight domestic matches, Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 6, 2018
- Timbers Weekly Update: December 6, 2018 - Portland Timbers
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2018 Team Awards - New York Red Bulls
- Quakes Forward Chris Wondolowski and Chico State Teammates to Host Soccer Camp to Benefit Camp Fire Victims - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bull Arena to Host U.S. Women's National Team and Mexico WNT in Send-Off Series - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Women's National Team Set to Face Belgium at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- United States Women's National Team to Play at Talen Energy Stadium in Opening Match of 2019 SheBelieves Cup - Philadelphia Union
- U.S. Women's National Team to Play at Dick's Sporting Goods Park Ahead of 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup - Colorado Rapids
- Patrick Leduc Named Administrative Director of Soccer Operations for the Impact - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Homegrown Connor Lade Announces Retirement
- Red Bulls Fall Short to Philadelphia, 4-3 in Overtime
- New York Red Bulls, Newark Board of Education and Southern New Hampshire University Launch "Goal for Perfect Attendance" Program
- Match Preview: New York Heads to Philadelphia for Round One of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Luis Robles Named a Finalist for MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year