Recap - STARS SLIP TO THE LANCERS, 6-0
OMAHA, Neb. - The Lincoln Stars (14-17-0-1) fell 6-1 to the Omaha Lancers (20-10-2-0) on Friday night at Ralston Arena.
After a scoreless first period, the Lancers scored early on the power play on a tally from forward Filip Suchy at 1:04 of the second period to take a 1-0 lead. Lancers forwards Matthew De St. Phalle and Jack Randl added two more goals at 10:50 and 18:53, respectively, to triple the lead, 3-0. Lancers forward Ethan Price scored a shorthanded goal at 19:41 to take a 4-0 lead.
The Lancers found two more goals in the third period starting at 12:34 on the power play thanks to Price and a second at 16:38 on a tally from forward Cam Reagan to send the scoreline to its final, 6-0.
Lancers goaltender Zach Driscoll (11-5-1) stopped all 25 shots in the win, while Stars netminder (8-14-0) halted 29 of 35 shots in the loss.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2018
- NOT SO BLISSFUL - Madison Capitols
- STEEL OPEN UP SHOP ON ROUGHRIDERS WITH 8-2 WIN FRIDAY - Chicago Steel
- Tri-City Drops Opening Game of the Weekend to Central Illinois - Tri-City Storm
- FOUR-GOAL SECOND PERIOD LIFTS MUSKEGON OVER PHANTOMS - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Rally for Road Win at Des Moines - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Recap - STARS SLIP TO THE LANCERS, 6-0 - Lincoln Stars
- LANCERS SHUTOUT STARS, 6-0 - Omaha Lancers
- TEAM USA OUTPACES FIGHTING SAINTS - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.