Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski
SANDY, Utah - Real Salt Lake has signed forward Milan Iloski, an RSL Academy product who has spent the last three seasons at UCLA, to a Homegrown Player contract the club announced today.
"Milan was one of the top goal-scorers in the country last year at UCLA and proved that he's ready to make the jump to the professional level," RSL General Manager Elliot Fall said. "He is another great example of our emphasis on developing young players through our Academy system and we are excited to add him to the mix and see his continued development."
Iloski, 20, led the Pac-12 and ranked fourth in the country in scoring in 2019 with 17 goals in 16 matches. His breakout season included matches that saw him score five goals in a 5-2 win over San Diego State on October 6 and three goals in a 3-2 win over Maryland on September 6. He scored goals in three consecutive matches on two separate occasions. The Escondido, Calif., native finished his three-year college career with 23 goals and six assists in 46 appearances, 36 as a starter.
Prior to joining the Bruins, Iloski netted 16 goals and 15 assists in 36 matches for the Real Salt Lake Academy in the 2016-17 season. The RSL Academy - then based in Casa Grande, Arizona - went 24-6-6 to lead the Southwest Division.
Real Salt Lake currently has nine products of the RSL Academy on its 2020 roster - goalkeeper David Ochoa; defenders Justen Glad, Aaron Herrera and Erik Holt; midfielder Luis Arriaga; and forwards Corey Baird, Iloski, Tate Schmitt and Julian Vazquez. In each of the last two seasons, RSL has led MLS in minutes played by its academy products.
Real Salt Lake finished the 2019 season third in the Western Conference at 16-13-5 (53 points) and advanced to the Western Conference Semifinals for the second consecutive season. RSL will open the 2020 season on the road against Orlando City SC on February 29 before returning to Rio Tinto Stadium for the home opener against the New York Red Bulls on Saturday, March 7, at 12 p.m. MT.
TRANSACTION: Signed FW Milan Iloski as a Homegrown Player on January 15, 2020.
Real Salt Lake's current roster headed into 2020, listed alphabetically by position, is below:
Goalkeepers (3): Zac MacMath, David Ochoa, Andrew Putna
Defenders (7): Justen Glad, Aaron Herrera, Erik Holt, Alvin Jones, Nedum Onuoha, Marcelo Silva, Donny Toia
Midfielders (7): Luis Arriaga, Nick Besler, Damir Kreilach, Everton Luiz, Justin Portillo, Pablo Ruiz, Albert RusnÃ¡k
Forwards (8): Corey Baird, Maikel Chang, Milan Iloski, Sam Johnson, Douglas Martinez, Jefferson Savarino, Tate Schmitt, Julian Vazquez
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Announces Coaching Staff Decisions
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions
- Real Salt Lake Ends 2020 with 2-0 Defeat to Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2020 Club Award Winners