Real Salt Lake Faces San Jose Earthquakes in Friday Night Matchup
HERRIMAN, Utah - Real Salt Lake continues its three-game home stretch at Rio Tinto Stadium against the San Jose Earthquakes on Friday, May 7 at 7:30 p.m. MT. The match will be broadcast live locally on KMYU and streamed on the KSL TV app.
Real Salt Lake has won its first two matches of the season for just the third time in club history and the first since 2012. The club-record winning streak to start a season came in 2011 when RSL won its first four regular-season matches. ESPN 700 will carry the English radio Broadcast and Spanish-speaking fans can tune in on KBMG Latino 106.3, La Gran D 102.3 and KTUB 1600.
Tickets for the match are available at RSL.com or by calling 844-REAL-TIX.
Real Salt Lake vs. San Jose Earthquakes
Rio Tinto Stadium; Sandy, Utah
Friday, May 17 2021; 7:30 p.m. MT
Records: Real Salt Lake 2-0-0, (6 points, 3rd in West); San Jose Earthquakes (2-1-0, 6 points, 2nd in West)
Head-to-Head: Through 34 regular season matches played Real Salt Lake has a fairly even record with San Jose Earthquakes with an all-time record of 11-12-11. However, in the 16 games played at home RSL has only lost in three of those matches for a 6-3-7 record.
The two sides last played one another on October 28, 2020, in a match that saw San Jose take the 2-0 victory on their home field at PayPal Park. Both of the Earthquakes goals were scored by Major League Soccer's all-time leading goal scorer, Chris Wondolowski.
Real Salt Lake last hosted San Jose on September 11, 2019, in a 1-0 victory for the home team, with midfielder Damir Kriealch scoring the lone goal of the match.
Stories to Watch:
Both Real Salt Lake and the San Jose Earthquakes are off to fast starts in the 2021 Major League Soccer season each achieving victory in their last two matches. Each side has two players who have gained recognition for their offensive success. Anderson Julio and Rubio Rubin have both scored two goals, as have Cade Cowell and Jackson Yueill for San Jose. Cowell was also named MLS Player of the Week for Week 3, an award Rubin was also nominated for.
Once again Real Salt Lake found itself with two members on MLS's Team of the Week, this time it was Rubio Rubin who scored two of the team's three goals on Saturday and Head Coach Freddy Juarez who led the team to their second-consecutive victory. Joining them are San Jose's Jackson Yueill and Cade Cowell, both of whom scored this past weekend.
Connections: Friday's two sides do not currently have any direct connections to one another. However, Justen Glad, Aaron Herrera and David Ochoa recently played with JT Marcinkowski and Jackson Yueill on the U-23 U.S. Men's National Team.
Notes: Real Salt Lake is now 135-49-69 all-time at home, earning a result in 81% percent of the matches played on their home turf.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2021
- FC Cincinnati Loan Goalkeeper Ben Lundt to Phoenix Rising FC - FC Cincinnati
- Restocked Orlando City Keeping Emotions in Check vs. NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- Injury Updates for Julián Carranza, Nicolás Figal, and Robbie Robinson - Inter Miami CF
- Coca-Cola Becomes Official Beverage Partner of the San Jose Earthquakes - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Loans Goalkeeper Elliot Panicco and Defender Nick Hinds to Austin Bold FCÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Loans Jordan Bender to Charlotte Independence - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Faces San Jose Earthquakes in Friday Night Matchup - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Introduces 2021 Homegrown Partner Program Class - FC Dallas
- Historic First-Ever Match at Q2 Stadium Will Feature U.S. Women's National Team vs. Nigeria on Wednesday, June 16 - Austin FC
- Timbers Conclude Concacaf Champions League Run with 3-1 Road Loss to Club América - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Continues Three-Game Road Stretch Wednesday at LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Plays to Scoreless Draw at Houston
- Real Salt Lake Heads South to Face Houston Dynamo FC
- Real Salt Lake Clobbers Rapids 3-0
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Rocky Mountain Rival Colorado Rapids