Real Monarchs SLC Open Zions Bank Stadium Saturday, March 31
INAUGURAL HERRIMAN SEASON TICKET PRICING UNVEILED
Reigning USL Regular Season Champions Open Home Slate of 2018 Campaign Against T2 on March 31 at Zions Bank Stadium After Visiting Tulsa to Begin 4th Season; 2018 Season Tickets Starting at Just $99 per Seat for 17 Regular-Season Home Matches
SANDY, Utah (Friday, January 12, 2018) - Real Monarchs SLC open Zions Bank Stadium on Saturday, March 31 against Portland Timbers 2 in the club's 2018 United Soccer League regular-season home opener, with the defending regular-season champion Monarchs kicking off 2018 one week earlier at Tulsa Roughnecks.
Head Coach and reigning USL Coach of the Year Mark Briggs will commence his first full season in charge of Utah's USL side when it opens its fourth season in the USL having guided the team to a league best regular-season record of 20-5-7 (67 points) to win the USL Regular Season Championship Shield, as well as the club's first ever playoff appearance. Under Briggs' guidance the team came within two points of the all-time points record set by New York Red Bulls II in 2016 (69). The team also came within two wins of the all-time wins record (22).
The Monarchs also made an extraordinary start to the season - where the team went 13-1-0 (39 points) over the first 14 matches of the season - a stretch that included the team setting the record for the most consecutive wins in a season when it won nine straight from April 22 to June 19.
A world-class stadium on the campus of the $78 million Zions Bank Real Academy in Herriman, the 5,000 seat Zions Bank Stadium will host its first ever match at the end of March, beginning a new era for the Monarchs as it looks to its new home at the south end of the Salt Lake Valley to continue to forge its home dominance. The Monarchs earned a league best home record of 12-1-3 (39 points) in 2017, losing just one match in its final season at Rio Tinto Stadium.
The defending USL regular-season champion Real Monarchs SLC also unveiled pricing and procedures for 2018 season tickets today, celebrating its inaugural campaign at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah. Additionally, the Claret-and-Cobalt USL entry announced plans for a special "Open House" event to showcase the state-of-the-art venue for fans looking to select and purchase their 2018 season ticket locations for the Club's fourth season.
Starting at just $99 per seat, Monarchs fans can now experience all 17 home matches played by fan favorites Sebastian Velasquez, Chandler Hoffman, Charlie Adams and others, receiving a compelling benefit package. New to the Monarchs slate of ticket offerings is the 'Family Time Four-Pack' season ticket, which includes admission for two adults and two children at the world-class venue for just $249.
To reserve seats for the 2018 season, fans should visit www.RSL.com/Monarchs and make a $25 per seat deposit starting today to secure their place in the priority queue to select locations at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman.
On Saturday, February 24, fans are invited to take part in the first-ever "Select-a-Seat Day" at Zions Bank Stadium. Occurring from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., current and future fans can pick the exact seats they want inside the new stadium and take advantage of the opportunity to tour the Club's new $78 million Zions Bank Real Academy. Current Monarchs season ticket members will have an exclusive priority window between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. to select their seats.
In addition to picking seats inside Zions Bank Stadium for the 2018 season, select Monarchs players and Head Coach and reigning USL Coach of the Year Mark Briggs will make a special appearance, greeting fans as they pick their seats inside the new stadium. Season ticket members will also have the opportunity to have their picture taken inside the Monarchs locker room and be able to watch the RSL Academy U-17 and U-19 teams take on FC Golden State at 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. MT.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 14, 2018
- Switchbacks President Nick Ragain and Perry Sanders to Hold Q&A at Antlers Hotel Monday - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Energy FC Open Historic 5th Season of Play at Home Against - OKC Energy FC
- Sacramento - Sacramento Republic FC
- Roughnecks 2018 Home Opener Set for March 24 - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FCC Featured in Three Home Opening Matches - FC Cincinnati
- Rowdies 2018 USL Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 24 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Home Opener Set for March 31 against Penn FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- LouCity Opens 2018 Campaign at Home against Nashville SC - Louisville City FC
- Kickers 2018 Home Opener Announced - Richmond Kickers
- Real Monarchs SLC Open Zions Bank Stadium Saturday, March 31 - Real Monarchs SLC
- USL Unveils 2018 Alignment, Home Openers - USL
- San Antonio FC to Host Saint Louis FC on March 24 in 2018 Home opener - San Antonio FC
Other Recent Real Monarchs SLC Stories
- Real Monarchs SLC Cap Regular Season Saturday against Sacramento Republic FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Split 2-2 Draw with Austin Bold FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Host Austin Bold FC on Wednesday
- Real Monarchs Stun Phoenix Rising FC 2-1 with Stoppage Time Winner
- Real Monarchs SLC Visits Phoenix Rising FC in Final Road Trip of 2019 Regular Season