Rattlers Add Playmaker to Their Secondary, Sign DB Pearson from Iowa
PHOENIX - The six-time world champion Arizona Rattlers announced today that the 2019 first-team All-IFL defensive back Tyrell Pearson will join the team for the 2020 season.
DB Pearson (5'9, 171, South Alabama) played two seasons for the Iowa Barnstormers. Last season, he tied for the league lead in interceptions (6) and amassed 56 total tackles en route to being named to the 2019 All-IFL first team. In 2018, Pearson was named the Iowa Barnstormers Special Teams Player of the Year, and broke up the pass in the end zone on the final play of the 2018 United Bowl, which gave the Barnstormers their first ever championship. Pearson also spent time with the Green Bay Blizzard.
Pearson attended the University of South Alabama where he recorded 40 tackles, four interceptions, and 11 pass breakups in a single season with the Jaguars.
While this is the first time Pearson will play in Arizona professionally, the Greenville South Carolina native spent two years at Mesa Community College (MCC), where he was given first-team all-Western States Football League honors after he recorded 39 tackles, eight interceptions, and 10 pass breakups before transferring to South Alabama. He also earned All-America honorable mention at MCC.
For more information, visit azrattlers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from October 11, 2019
- Rattlers Add Playmaker to Their Secondary, Sign DB Pearson from Iowa - Arizona Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Rattlers Stories
- Long-Time Pro Kicker Lacayo Signs with Rattlers
- Second-Year Defensive Back Cockrell Re-Signs with Rattlers
- First-Year Offensive Linemen Hickey, Thomas Signed by Rattlers
- Rookie Receiver Pelletier Signs with Rattlers
- Speedy Kick Returner/Receiver Harris Signs with Rattlers