Rancho Drops Second Straight Home Game on Tuesday
Rancho Cucamonga, CA - The Stockton Ports rolled off the bus after a long ride from Northern California and were the sharper team on Tuesday night, as the Ports downed the Quakes in the first game of a three-game set at LoanMart Field, 8-2.
After enjoying their first day off of the 2018 season on Monday, the Quakes opened the three-game set with a season-worst four errors and dropped to 0-4 against the Ports this year.
A three-run fifth against starter Tony Gonsolin put the Ports ahead to stay, as the Ports snapped a 2-2 tie to take a three-run lead.
Dairon Blanco homered in the sixth off Chris Mathewson, taking a 6-2 advantage. They added single runs in the eighth and again in the ninth, rounding out the scoring against reliever Jason Richman to make it 8-2.
The Quakes took an early 1-0 lead against Ports' starter Parker Dunshee, as Rylan Bannon connected for his sixth homer of the year, a solo-shot in the second inning.
After the Ports tied the game in the third and then took the lead in the fourth, Logan Landon's sacrifice fly evened the game at 2-2 in the bottom of the fourth.
Gonsolin (0-1) suffered his first defeat of the year, as he allowed five total runs (four earned) on eight hits over 4 1/3 innings.
Dunshee (2-0) allowed two runs on six hits, while striking out nine batters over 5 2/3 innings to notch the win.
The Quakes (9-10) have now dropped two straight at home and are one game back of first-place Inland Empire in the South Division. On Wednesday night, Isaac Anderson (0-2) will throw for the Quakes, while Brian Howard (1-2) goes for the Ports.
Wednesday night is our first Terra Vista Animal Hospital Bark in the Ballpark of the year, as fans are invited to bring their four-legged friends to LoanMart Fied. Pet Passes cost just three dollars with the proceeds going to the Rancho Cucamonga Animal Shelter. Tickets are available by calling (909) 481-5000 or online at rcquakes.com. We hope to see you at LoanMart Field very soon...Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from April 25, 2018
- Connor Grey Named California League Pitcher of the Week - Visalia Rawhide
- Hernandez Blasts Rawhide to Win - Visalia Rawhide
- George Homers again, but 'Hawks Fall to 'Hide - Lancaster JetHawks
- Giants Walk-Off in 10, Take Series from Storm - San Jose Giants
- Gatto and Rengifo Star in 66ers Well-Rounded Win - Inland Empire 66ers
- MiLB.tv: A Service We Like but Want to Love - OSC Original by Paul Reeths
- Ports Open Trip with 8-2 Win - Stockton Ports
- Nuts' Offense Is Quiet in Fourth Straight Loss - Modesto Nuts
- Rancho Drops Second Straight Home Game on Tuesday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Storm Slow Down Giants, 5-2 - San Jose Giants
- Solid Gold Gets Third Win With Help From Bats - Lancaster JetHawks
- JetHawks Lift off in Series Opener - Visalia Rawhide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Stories
- Gonsolin Pitches Quakes to Sunday Win at Home
- Rancho Comeback Falls Short on Saturday
- Storm Down Rancho on Friday, Quakes Home Saturday for Fireworks
- Rancho Finishes Road Trip Thursday, Back Home with Bellinger Bobblheads on Friday
- Kremer Strong in Win over Ports on Wednesday