Rancho Drops Second Straight Home Game on Tuesday
Rancho Cucamonga, CA - The Stockton Ports rolled off the bus after a long ride from Northern California and were the sharper team on Tuesday night, as the Ports downed the Quakes in the first game of a three-game set at LoanMart Field, 8-2.
After enjoying their first day off of the 2018 season on Monday, the Quakes opened the three-game set with a season-worst four errors and dropped to 0-4 against the Ports this year.
A three-run fifth against starter Tony Gonsolin put the Ports ahead to stay, as the Ports snapped a 2-2 tie to take a three-run lead.
Dairon Blanco homered in the sixth off Chris Mathewson, taking a 6-2 advantage. They added single runs in the eighth and again in the ninth, rounding out the scoring against reliever Jason Richman to make it 8-2.
The Quakes took an early 1-0 lead against Ports' starter Parker Dunshee, as Rylan Bannon connected for his sixth homer of the year, a solo-shot in the second inning.
After the Ports tied the game in the third and then took the lead in the fourth, Logan Landon's sacrifice fly evened the game at 2-2 in the bottom of the fourth.
Gonsolin (0-1) suffered his first defeat of the year, as he allowed five total runs (four earned) on eight hits over 4 1/3 innings.
Dunshee (2-0) allowed two runs on six hits, while striking out nine batters over 5 2/3 innings to notch the win.
The Quakes (9-10) have now dropped two straight at home and are one game back of first-place Inland Empire in the South Division. On Wednesday night, Isaac Anderson (0-2) will throw for the Quakes, while Brian Howard (1-2) goes for the Ports.
Wednesday night is our first Terra Vista Animal Hospital Bark in the Ballpark of the year, as fans are invited to bring their four-legged friends to LoanMart Fied. Pet Passes cost just three dollars with the proceeds going to the Rancho Cucamonga Animal Shelter. Tickets are available by calling (909) 481-5000 or online at rcquakes.com. We hope to see you at LoanMart Field very soon...Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from April 25, 2018
- Connor Grey Named California League Pitcher of the Week - Visalia Rawhide
- Hernandez Blasts Rawhide to Win - Visalia Rawhide
- George Homers again, but 'Hawks Fall to 'Hide - Lancaster JetHawks
- Giants Walk-Off in 10, Take Series from Storm - San Jose Giants
- Gatto and Rengifo Star in 66ers Well-Rounded Win - Inland Empire 66ers
- MiLB.tv: A Service We Like but Want to Love - OSC Original by Paul Reeths
- Ports Open Trip with 8-2 Win - Stockton Ports
- Nuts' Offense Is Quiet in Fourth Straight Loss - Modesto Nuts
- Rancho Drops Second Straight Home Game on Tuesday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Storm Slow Down Giants, 5-2 - San Jose Giants
- Solid Gold Gets Third Win With Help From Bats - Lancaster JetHawks
- JetHawks Lift off in Series Opener - Visalia Rawhide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.