Rancho Blows out Inland Empire on Sunday, Wins Sixth Straight
Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Rancho Cucamonga earned a season-high sixth straight win on Sunday afternoon, blowing out Inland Empire by a final of 10-2.
Playing as Los Temblores de Rancho Cucamonga as part of Minor League Baseball's "Copa de la Diversion" initiative, Rancho backed another strong start from pitcher Isaac Anderson with a nine-run explosion, their biggest offensive output of the second half.
After getting a run off of Anderson to start the day, the Inland Empire offense was shut down the rest of the way, as los Temblores scored ten consecutive runs to put the game away.
Cristian Santana, who drove home four on the day, tied the game in the bottom of the first, as his two-out RBI single evened it up at 1-1.
Rancho took the lead for good in the fourth, as Logan Landon singled home Jeren Kendall for a 2-1 lead.
Nick Yarnall, fresh off the disabled list, collected two hits and scored twice, including his second homer of the year in the fifth, as his solo blast made it 3-1 against Inland Empire starter Simon Mathews (1-3).
In the sixth, los Temblores blew the game wide open, as Hamlet Marte cracked a two-run homer, his eighth, while Santana capped the six-run frame with a three-run double, making it 9-1.
A Logan Landon double plated Santana in the last of the eighth, before Inland Empire finished the scoring with a run in the ninth.
On the hill, Anderson (3-5) earned his second straight win, scattering four hits over five innings, while striking out six. He allowed just one run in the top of the first, but settled down to earn his second straight win.
Andre Scrubb and Michael Boyle retired the side in order over their three respective combined innings before Marshall Kasowski gave up a run in the ninth.
Rancho (44-37, 9-2) will look for a seventh straight victory on Monday evening, as they send Dustin May (3-3) to the mound, opposite Inland Empire lefty Nate Bertness (1-6). Game time on Monday is 7:05pm. Tickets are available by calling (909) 481-5000 or online at rcquakes.com. Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from July 1, 2018
- Matt Chapman Scheduled to Make Rehab Appearance in Stockton - Stockton Ports
- Rancho Blows out Inland Empire on Sunday, Wins Sixth Straight - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Five 'Hawks Hurlers Combine to Blank Ports - Lancaster JetHawks
- Rancho Equals Season-Best; Wins Fifth Straight - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Ports Blanked by 'Hawks 4-0 - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Plate Eight Unearned Runs to Win 9-5 - Modesto Nuts
- Giants Earn Another 3-1 Win over Rawhide - San Jose Giants
- Vargas's Strong Night Not Enough - Visalia Rawhide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Stories
- Quakes Named 2018 Cal League Organization of the Year
- Quakes Are Cal League Champions
- Quakes One Win Away After Hammering Visalia
- Quakes Win Game 1 in Visalia
- Quakes Advance to Championship Series