RailRiders Blanked at Syracuse
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders fell to the Syracuse Mets 6-0 on Friday night at NBT Bank Stadium.
Syracuse took the lead in the bottom of the second with a run against Josh Maciejewski on an Albert Almora sacrifice fly. They tacked on two more in the third on singles from Patrick Mazeika and Cheslor Cuthbert.
Maciejewski (0-1) allowed a total of four runs in 4.0-plus innings of work, walking five and allowing six hits. Only three of the runs he allowed were earned, though his five walks tied a career-high.
The left-hander was making his first start with the RailRiders this season after being transferred from High-A Hudson Valley earlier on Friday. He made three Triple-A appearances with the RailRiders late in the 2019 season.
The Mets added two more runs against Reggie McClain in the sixth, although one was unearned. Nick Nelson and Brian Keller combined to keep the Mets off the board over the final 2.1 innings of the game.
Meanwhile Scranton/Wilkes-Barre struggled at the plate, recording only three singles in six innings against Syracuse starter Jesus Reyes. The RailRiders only had two at-bats in the game with a runner in scoring position.
It marked the fourth time this season that Scranton/Wilkes-Barre has been shut out in a game. Brandon Wagner was 0-for-1 with three walks, the only RailRiders batter to reach base three times in the contest.
The RailRiders continue their series with the Mets on Saturday at NBT Bank Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m., with pregame coverage beginning at 6:15 on the RailRiders Baseball Network. RHP Deivi Garcia (2-3, 6.88) is scheduled to start for SWB, while Syracuse has not announced a starter.
SWB returns home to PNC Field on Tuesday, August 3 to begin a series with the Worcester Red Sox. For tickets and more information, call (570) 969-BALL or slide to www.swbrailriders.com/tickets.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Record:
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Four-Run First Leads Indians to Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- Omaha Bats Quiet in Friday Loss to Toledo - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Score Seven Runs in First, Defeat Clippers - Nashville Sounds
- Jones Hits Inside-The-Park Homer, Baumann Earns Win in Triple-A Debut Friday Night - Norfolk Tides
- Redbirds Drop a Friday-Night Nailbiter - Memphis Redbirds
- Defense Escapes Saints in 8-4 Loss to Indianapolis - St. Paul Saints
- Bisons Held in Check in 6-2 Loss to Worcester - Buffalo Bisons
- Mud Hens Bounce Back to Rout Storm Chasers - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tides Top Bulls 8-2 in Five-Inning Rain-Shortened Affair - Durham Bulls
- Fortes, Cabrera Power Jumbo Shrimp by Knights - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Tonight's Game Suspended Due to Rain - Iowa Cubs
- Wings Lose 3-2 Friday Night - Rochester Red Wings
- Friday's Game Suspended, to be Finished Saturday Followed by 7-Inning Game - Louisville Bats
- Four-Run Fourth Pushes WooSox to 6-2 Win over Bisons - Worcester Red Sox
- Reyes, Syracuse Shut out Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, 6-0, on Friday Night - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Blanked at Syracuse - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (34-39) at St. Paul Saints (40-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Colin Moran Joins Indy for Second Rehab Stint - Indianapolis Indians
- July 30 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Louisville - Iowa Cubs
- MLB.Com: Barrero Plates Six in Four-Hit Night - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - July 30, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: July 30, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Greene, Barrero Solid, But Bats Blanked by I-Cubs - Louisville Bats
- Atlanta Braves Catcher Travis D'Arnaud Joins Gwinnett for Rehab Assignment - Gwinnett Stripers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.