RailHawks to Donate 10% of Ticket Revenue Back to the Triangle Community
CARY, NC (November 20, 2012) - Today, the Carolina RailHawks announced that it will donate 10% of its total ticket revenue for each of the 2013-2015 seasons back to the Triangle community. The RailHawks donation will focus on supporting soccer-related programs that will help to further build and strengthen soccer in our area.
"The Triangle community has increasingly rallied behind the RailHawks over the last two years, which has allowed us to double our attendance over this time. This is our way of thanking the community for this tremendous support and giving back in a substantial way that strengthens soccer in our area. This exciting new commitment by the RailHawks organization is consistent with our overall mission of being meaningfully woven into the fabric of the Triangle soccer community and helping to lead the Triangle community in the growth of the game," said RailHawks President, Curt Johnson.
"We are delighted to partner with our fans to strengthen soccer in our community. In addition to our fans enjoying the area's highest-level soccer entertainment when they attend a RailHawks game, they will now have the added benefit of knowing that a significant portion of their RailHawks support is going back into our community to grow the game of soccer," said RailHawks Senior Vice President, Peter Sciandra.
This past season, the RailHawks community outreach efforts resulted in over 300 free player appearances totaling over 1,500 hours, as well as numerous free soccer clinics for underprivileged kids. In addition, the RailHawks annual "Kicks for Kids" program has raised over $20,000 over the past two years to help fight childhood obesity and promote an active, healthy lifestyle. Specific uses of the donated funds from the new ticket sales program will be determined over the next few months.
Following an exciting semifinal run in the 2012 playoffs, the RailHawks will begin the new 2013 NASL Season in March at the New WakeMed Soccer Park. Season Tickets and Flex Plans for the 2013 season are on sale now. For more information on 2013 RailHawks ticket packages, call the Cruizers Box Office at 919-459-8144 or visit www.CarolinaRailHawks.com/STH.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from November 20, 2012
- Eddies Reserves Represent at National Team Camps - FC Edmonton
- Offseason Roster Moves Underway - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- RailHawks to Donate 10% of Ticket Revenue Back to the Triangle Community - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- North Carolina FC Draws 1-1 at Ottawa Fury FC, Austin Da Luz Reaches 10,000-Minute Milestone
- North Carolina FC to Conclude Three-Game Road Trip at Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC's Late Push Held Back in 0-0 Draw against Toronto FC II
- North Carolina FC Travels North for Midweek Match at Toronto FC II
- Futty Danso Named to USL Team of the Week