RailCats Announce Front Office Additions Including American Association's First Female Lead Broadcaster
Gary, IND. - The RailCats announced today the addition of two new staff members to the front office. A new voice of the RailCats and Region native Laura Hoover (Chesterton High School Class of 2015) will assume the role of Broadcaster and Media Coordinator for the team starting April 1, 2020. Hoover attended Goshen College and graduated in May 2019 with a degree in Broadcasting. During her time at Goshen, she achieved many accolades in the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System including being announced a finalist as Best Student Station Manager (TV) and Best College Radio Station (Under 10,000 Students).
"The RailCats are excited for Laura to put on the headset and provide our fans a FAN-tastic radio broadcast experience," said RailCats General Manager Brian Flenner. "Her connection to the Region combined with her passion for broadcasting made her the right person to sit in the booth."
Laura is no stranger to the radio booth. She mostly recently provided play-by-play for the Mystic Schooners Baseball Team of the New England Collegiate Baseball League. Hoover's academic time was complimented by her experience with WGCS/GCTV. Her experience includes producing games not only for WGCS/GCTV but Regional Radio Sport Network (January 2018-Present) and WDSO-FM High School Radio Station January (2013 - June 2015).
RailCats fans will be able to listen to all 100 regular season games on 95.5 WEFM and streamed online at railcatsbaseball.com.
Yvonne Lopez also joins the team as the Manager of Hospitality and Special Events. Lopez, a recent graduate of Purdue Northwest's Hospitality and Tourism Program (December 2019) brings vast hospitality experience to the front office team
"The RailCats are committed to the best of FAN-tastic Family Fun at the Steel Yard," said RailCats General Manager Brian Flenner. "We are confident Yvonne can take our premium experience to a whole new level." She will specifically oversee the day-to-day operation of the suite level and help grow a special events business segment.
The RailCats open the 2020 season on Friday, May 22 at the Steel Yard. Ticket and group packages are available online at railcatsbaseball.com and can also be purchased by calling the RailCats ticket line at (219) 882-BALL.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from March 2, 2020
- Promising Rookie Alexander Re-Ups - Cleburne Railroaders
- RailCats Announce Front Office Additions Including American Association's First Female Lead Broadcaster - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- RailCats Announce Full Schedule and Opening Day for 2021 Season
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield Announces No Cost Flu Clinics at the Steel Yard
- American Association Designated as Partner League of MLB
- RailCats Announce the Greens at the Steel Yard Event
- Gary SouthShore RailCats, Schaumburg Boomers to Add Black Lives Matters Patches to Team Jerseys