Rail Yard Dawgs Sign Jeff Jones, Bring Back Cam Bakker
ROANOKE, VA - The Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs announced on Friday two additions to the 2018-19 training camp roster. Forward Jeff Jones and defenseman Cam Bakker have each signed on and will be with the team for camp in October.
Jones played the 2017-18 season for Brest and Neuilly-sur-Marne in France's second league. He opened with two goals in three games for Brest before playing 23 games for Neuilly-sur-Marne where he had 13 goals and 11 assists. Jones followed that up with nine goals and three assists in ten postseason games.
"Jones plays a fast, exciting style of hockey," said Rail Yard Dawgs coach Dan Bremner. "He has a great scoring ability and is always willing to get into the gritty areas to produce offense."
The British Columbia native last played in North America in 2016-17 when he combined for 20 goals and 23 assists over 52 games between the Huntsville Havoc and Peoria Rivermen. He was a teammate of Bremner during his 39-game stint in Peoria.
Bakker returns to Roanoke for his second professional season. A graduate of nearby Liberty University, Bakker played for the Flames from 2011-15 but did not make his professional debut until the 2017-18 season. He opened up with the FHL's Cornwall Nationals and had three goals and 15 assists in 20 games before joining the Dawgs. The defenseman was a mainstay on the Roanoke blue line after signing in January and scored one goal along with 12 assists and a +4 rating over 26 games as a Rail Yard Dawg.
"Cam showed through half the season with us last year that he can be effective while playing a lot of minutes," said Bremner. "I'll be looking for him to step into a large role and become a big part of our foundation this year."
Rail Yard Dawgs season tickets and flex packs are on sale now! Get yours by visiting the Rail Yard Dawgs office or over the phone at 540-344-3294.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from August 10, 2018
- Rail Yard Dawgs Sign Jeff Jones, Bring Back Cam Bakker - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Ortiz Returns for 2018-2019 - Knoxville Ice Bears
- Quad City Storm Adds Mueller and Harris to Roster, Hires Equipment Manager - Quad City Storm
- Mayhem Sign Experienced Winger Klecha for 18-19 Season - Macon Mayhem
- Havoc Invite Three from Free Agent Camp - Huntsville Havoc
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs Stories
- Rail Yard Dawgs Fall in Fayetteville, 1-0
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (14-13-0) at Marksmen (13-11-3) - 6:00 PM
- Dawgs Edged by Marksmen, 3-2
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (14-12-0) vs Marksmen (12-11-3) - 7:05 PM
- Dawgs Hang On, Beat Mayhem, 6-5