Raiders Sign Uladzislau Shyla
Prince Albert, SK - The Prince Albert Raiders have signed 2003-born forward Uladzislau Shyla to a WHL Standard Player Agreement.
Shyla was selected 45th overall in June's CHL Import Draft. He is listed at 5'9 and 147 lbs.
Hailing from Minsk, Belarus, Shyla scored 10 goals and added nine assists in 55 games for the U18 Belarus team in Belarus' Extraliga B. He added an assist in six games at the Belarus Cup.
"We're excited to have Uladzislau commit to our program," said Raiders General Manager Curtis Hunt.
"He is a really smart player, a strong skater, plays a responsible 200-ft game. We're excited to have him come to Prince Albert and start working with our group."
Season tickets for the 2020-21 campaign are now available as the Raiders will celebrate their 50th season of play. The Early Bird Deadline has been extended to Friday, July 31. Ticket information is available at raiderhockey.com/season-tickets.
The WHL is targeting a return date of October 2. For more information on the WHL's Return to Play Protocol, visit raiderhockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 23, 2020
- Five Americans Players Celebrate High School Graduation During Pandemic - Tri-City Americans
- WHL Podcast Debuts Featuring Voices of Stars Past & Present - WHL
- CHL Appoints Independent Review Panel - WHL
- Raiders Sign Uladzislau Shyla - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Prince Albert Raiders Stories
- Watts Signs with Wichita Thunder
- Guhle Invited to World Juniors Selection Camp
- Three Raiders, One Prospect Make NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary Players to Watch List
- Guhle Signs Entry-Level Contract with Canadiens
- Wiesblatt Signs Entry-Level Contract with Sharks