Rafters Introduce Specialty Jersey, Auction Nights
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters announced four specialty jerseys the team will wear on select nights during the 2019 Northwoods League season. ese specialty jersey designs will be auctioned off postgame to benefit Wisconsin nonprofit organizations.
Historic Witter Field will play host to Ho-Chunk Military Appreciation Night on ursday, July 20, with the Rafters wearing exclusive digital camo jerseys. e postgame jersey auction will benefit the Never Forgotten Honor Flight.
On Tuesday, July 23, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters will transform into the Wisconsin Rapids Gorgeous Grandmas for the night in honor of National Gorgeous Grandma Day. e Rafters will offer a buy-one-get-one-free special for fans over 55 years of age. e ballpark will feature references to all of the comforts of grandma's house, from butterscotch candies to crossword puzzles. Additionally, the Rafters will offer blood pressure screenings at the game and the Mid-State hair salon will be in attendance offering their services.
During the team's 10th anniversary season, the Rafters will pay homage to the organization's rich history with Mid-State Technical College Turn Back the Clock Night on Tuesday, July 30. Rafters players and coaches will wear special re-creations of the first Rafters Jersey and fans are encouraged to wear red to the game. e retro jersey auction will be used to benefit the Mid-State Foundation.
On Friday, August 2, the Rafters will wear unique Advanced Disposal ank You Fans Jerseys. In January, Rafters fans were encouraged to submit pictures of themselves wearing Rafters gear for a chance to have their photo incorporated into the jersey's design. Proceeds from that night's jersey auction will benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
Want to attend a Rafters game next season? Rafters 9-Game Ticket Packages are on sale now! For more information on all Rafters ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or come visit us over at historic Witter Field. e Rafthouse is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from May 16, 2019
- Rafters Introduce Specialty Jersey, Auction Nights - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Traverse City Pit Spitters Award $2,500 Grant to TC Legion Junior Baseball - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Booyah Add Assistant Coaches to Staff - Green Bay Booyah
- Bucks to Hold Three Youth Baseball Camps in 2019 - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Sign Two More - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Former Lakeshore Chinook Shaun Anderson Debuts with the Giants - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Stories
- Rafters 2020 Pitching Staff Continues to Heighten
- Rafters May Day Community Experience An Enormous Success
- Rafters Bring Back Mid-State Technical College Free Tuition Tuesdays
- Rafters Reschedule Derek Jones Benefit Concert to August 29th
- Rafters Bring Back Two 2019 Northwoods League Standouts