Rafters Add Two East Coast Pitchers
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - The Rafters pitching staff continues to strengthen with the addition of Devin Rivera and Nick Torres.
The New Yorker Rivera is currently a freshman at Villanova University. He attended Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey, New Jersey and totaled three varsity letters with the Ironmen. Rivera had an 8-0 combined record in his sophomore and junior season, earning his team's Cy Young award. Prep Baseball Report ranked Rivera the 13th right-handed pitcher in New Jersey, while Perfect Game ranked him the 5th right-handed pitcher in New York in the 2020 class.
Torres, a junior at Long Island University, appeared in four games during the shortened 2020 season. In 5.2 innings pitched, he earned a win and a save. Before LIU, Torres attended Etowah High School where he was ranked the 29th right-handed pitcher in Georgia by Perfect Game's Class of 2018.
"I'm glad to be a part of the team, really looking forward to the season and hopefully winning a championship this year," Torres said.
Mark your calendars! The Rafters Home Opener is on Monday, May 31st at 6:35pm against rival Wisconsin Woodchucks. Reserve your tickets today with a Rafters ticket package! Single game tickets go on sale in April.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from February 24, 2021
- Rafters Add Two East Coast Pitchers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Canceled COVID Season Brings Back 16th Season for Express - Eau Claire Express
- Northwoods League Looks to Sports Betting, Fantasy & In-App Gaming in 2021 - Northwoods
- Northwoods League Looks to Sports Betting, Fantasy & In-App Gaming in 2021 - Kalamazoo Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.