Rachelle Levesque Recognized as this Week's Petes Frontline Worker of the Week
(Peterborough, ON) - Rachelle Levesque, a nurse who has been diligently working at the Peterborough Regional Health Centre's Emergency Medicine department during the pandemic, is named the winner of this week's Frontline Worker Drop the Puck program. The Petes are celebrating frontline workers who have gone above and beyond for their community during these unprecedented times.
During the pandemic, Levesque switched from working in palliative care to the emergency department to assist her fellow nurses when COVID-19 cases increased in the region.
"Rachelle switched departments to assist her peers that needed the most help during the pandemic," said Chris White, who nominated Levesque. "She had worked in emergency medicine before, so she had the experience and abilities. She's such an amazing, caring person and ultimately, she is my hero."
Click to nominate a local frontline worker
Each week, the Petes will recognize and celebrate one local frontline worker for the additional time and effort they have put in during the pandemic to ensure the health, safety, and happiness of those in their community.
The Petes will welcome the Sudbury Wolves and first overall draft pick Quentin Musty for their home opener on Thursday, October 14 at 7:05 pm. Tickets are now on sale for the 2021-22 season. For information on season tickets, private suites, or groups, please contact Eric Ebenbauer at email@example.com. Preseason single game tickets are on sale now through the PMC Grant Thornton Box Office. Regular Season single game tickets will go on sale at the Box Office in September.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 15, 2021
- Pre-Season Capacity Limits Unveiled - Barrie Colts
- OHL to Require Proof of Full Vaccination in Ontario Facilities Effective September 22 - OHL
- Firebirds Announce Five New Commitments Ahead of Exhibition Play - Flint Firebirds
- Rachelle Levesque Recognized as this Week's Petes Frontline Worker of the Week - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes & Bobcaygeon Brewery Company Announce Petes Lager Homecoming Contest
- Rachelle Levesque Recognized as this Week's Petes Frontline Worker of the Week
- Alyssa Gaudaur Recognized as Petes Frontline Worker of the Week
- Petes Sign Five Players to Standard Player Agreements
- Recap from Annual Maroon and White Game and Announce Player Reassignments