Qualifying Period Ends Monday, July 16th
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, is nearing the end of the qualifying period.
Valid Qualifying Offers remain open for acceptance until 11:59pm ET Monday, July 16th.
At 12:00 a.m. ET (midnight) Tuesday, July 17th, the Qualifying Offers become null and void. At that time, teams may sign the Qualified Player at any salary or may elect to take no further.
Also at that time, teams will own the ECHL playing rights to any non-Veteran Qualified Player who did not sign their Qualifying Offer for the duration of the 2018-19 Season. Members may also elect to trade the ECHL playing rights of said players at that time.
Any Veteran (at least 260 regular season games played in a professionally recognized league) or Goaltender who has played at least 180 regular season games in a professionally recognized league will become a Restricted Free Agent at midnight, July 17th. Restricted Free Agents can not be traded. For full details on Restricted Free Agency please refer to Article X, Section 3(C) of the CBA.
Season tickets for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 down per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 11, 2018
- Qualifying Period Ends Monday, July 16th - Wichita Thunder
- Fan Fest Updates - South Carolina Stingrays
- Adirondack Signs Rookie Forward Daniel Perigo - Adirondack Thunder
- Schultz Returns to Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Adds OHL Champion Lemcke to Blueline - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Announce 2018-19 School Day Game - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers Sign Cedric Lacroix - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.