Quakes Just Keep on Winning...11 Straight, Shut out Giants
San Jose, CA - Rancho's magical run continued on Friday night in San Jose, as the club earned their franchise record-tying 11th straight win, a 4-0 decision over the San Jose Giants at Municipal Stadium.
The only other time the Quakes have won 11 straight was in 1999, when the Quakes were a San Diego Padres' affifliate.
Issac Anderson tossed five innings of two-hit baseball, while Steve Berman reached base four times and led Rancho's offensive attack with an RBI and a run scored.
Berman put the Quakes on the board in the second, as his RBI double scored Jeren Kendall for a 1-0 lead over San Jose starter Sandro Cabrera (6-4).
In the fourth, Rancho added to their lead, as Gavin Lux picked up his first of two RBIs, legging out a fielder's choice to score Connor Wong for a 2-0 lead.
The Quakes got two more in the ninth inning for a little insurance, as Lux singled home a run to extend his personal hitting streak to nine straight, making it 3-0. Logan Landon capped the inning with a run-scoring hit, as he scored Jared Walker to make it 4-0.
The Giants managed just five hits all night, as Anderson (4-5) combined with Ben Holmes, Austin Hamilton and Jason Richman for Rancho's ninth shutout of the year, tied for most in the league.
The Quakes (49-37, 14-2) will try to set a new franchise record on Satuday, when they look for a 12th straight win. Dustin May (4-3) will throw for Rancho, while DJ Myers (3-2) will take the ball for San Jose.
The Quakes return to LoanMart Field on Monday, July 9th, as they face the Lancaster JetHawks. Game time on Monday is 7:05pm. Tickets are available by calling (909) 481-5000 or online at rcquakes.com. Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from July 7, 2018
- Stockton Bats Quiet in 5-1 Loss - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Suffer Fourth Straight Defeat - Modesto Nuts
- Basabe Tallies Two Hits in Storm Rout - Visalia Rawhide
- JetHawks Win Fourth in a Row over Nuts - Lancaster JetHawks
- Quakes Set New Franchise Record with 12th Straight Win - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Quakes Rout Giants, Losing Streak at Seven - San Jose Giants
- 66ers' Big Ninth Sinks Ports 7-6 - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Unable to Hang on in 6-5 Loss - Modesto Nuts
- Storm Rage Back to Defeat Rawhide - Visalia Rawhide
- Offensive Woes Continue in 4-0 Loss - San Jose Giants
- Quakes Just Keep on Winning...11 Straight, Shut out Giants - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Nevin's Homer Caps Off Comeback Friday - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Stories
- Quakes Named 2018 Cal League Organization of the Year
- Quakes Are Cal League Champions
- Quakes One Win Away After Hammering Visalia
- Quakes Win Game 1 in Visalia
- Quakes Advance to Championship Series