Quakes Just Keep on Winning...11 Straight, Shut out Giants
San Jose, CA - Rancho's magical run continued on Friday night in San Jose, as the club earned their franchise record-tying 11th straight win, a 4-0 decision over the San Jose Giants at Municipal Stadium.
The only other time the Quakes have won 11 straight was in 1999, when the Quakes were a San Diego Padres' affifliate.
Issac Anderson tossed five innings of two-hit baseball, while Steve Berman reached base four times and led Rancho's offensive attack with an RBI and a run scored.
Berman put the Quakes on the board in the second, as his RBI double scored Jeren Kendall for a 1-0 lead over San Jose starter Sandro Cabrera (6-4).
In the fourth, Rancho added to their lead, as Gavin Lux picked up his first of two RBIs, legging out a fielder's choice to score Connor Wong for a 2-0 lead.
The Quakes got two more in the ninth inning for a little insurance, as Lux singled home a run to extend his personal hitting streak to nine straight, making it 3-0. Logan Landon capped the inning with a run-scoring hit, as he scored Jared Walker to make it 4-0.
The Giants managed just five hits all night, as Anderson (4-5) combined with Ben Holmes, Austin Hamilton and Jason Richman for Rancho's ninth shutout of the year, tied for most in the league.
The Quakes (49-37, 14-2) will try to set a new franchise record on Satuday, when they look for a 12th straight win. Dustin May (4-3) will throw for Rancho, while DJ Myers (3-2) will take the ball for San Jose.
The Quakes return to LoanMart Field on Monday, July 9th, as they face the Lancaster JetHawks. Game time on Monday is 7:05pm. Tickets are available by calling (909) 481-5000 or online at rcquakes.com. Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from July 7, 2018
- Stockton Bats Quiet in 5-1 Loss - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Suffer Fourth Straight Defeat - Modesto Nuts
- Basabe Tallies Two Hits in Storm Rout - Visalia Rawhide
- JetHawks Win Fourth in a Row over Nuts - Lancaster JetHawks
- Quakes Set New Franchise Record with 12th Straight Win - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Quakes Rout Giants, Losing Streak at Seven - San Jose Giants
- 66ers' Big Ninth Sinks Ports 7-6 - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Unable to Hang on in 6-5 Loss - Modesto Nuts
- Storm Rage Back to Defeat Rawhide - Visalia Rawhide
- Offensive Woes Continue in 4-0 Loss - San Jose Giants
- Quakes Just Keep on Winning...11 Straight, Shut out Giants - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Nevin's Homer Caps Off Comeback Friday - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.