Protas Loaned to KHL's Dinamo Minsk
Prince Albert, SK - The Prince Albert Raiders have loaned 2001-born forward Aliaksei Protas to Dinamo Minsk of the Kontinental Hockey League.
Protas will join Raiders teammate Ilya Usau on the club. Usau signed a tryout agreement with Dinamo Minsk in July.
Terms of the loan agreement were not disclosed.
According to a release from the Washington Capitals, Protas is expected to be recalled to North America for the start of the 2020-21 WHL season or the Capitals' 2020-21 training camp.
Protas led the Raiders in scoring with 31 goals and 49 assists in 58 games this season, leading to the Belarusian centreman to share the Orland Kurtenbach Award as the Raiders' Most Valuable Player Presented By Lake Country Co-op. He was drafted by the Capitals in the third round of the 2019 NHL Draft.
Usau was the Raiders' highest-scoring rookie for the 2019-20 season, putting up 22 goals and 30 assists in 58 games. The 2020 NHL Draft eligible prospect won the George Cowie Award as the Raiders' Rookie of the Year Presented By Broda Construction.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 7, 2020
- Protas Loaned to KHL's Dinamo Minsk - Prince Albert Raiders
- Deep Dive with Corson Hopwo - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Prince Albert Raiders Stories
- Watts Signs with Wichita Thunder
- Guhle Invited to World Juniors Selection Camp
- Three Raiders, One Prospect Make NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary Players to Watch List
- Guhle Signs Entry-Level Contract with Canadiens
- Wiesblatt Signs Entry-Level Contract with Sharks