Professional Canadian Golfer Taylor Pendrith Joins the Steelheads Family
The Mississauga Steelheads announced today that professional Canadian golfer Taylor Pendrith will become a brand ambassador for the hockey club. As the Steelheads look to begin their eighth season in September, this marks the first brand ambassador partnership in franchise history.
The Richmond Hill, Ontario native spent four years with the Kent State Golf Team before turning professional in 2014. Pendrith's illustrious college career began in 2010 as a freshman, playing along-side fellow Canadian professionals MacKenzie Hughes and recent PGA Tour winner, Corey Conners. That same year he tied for 20th at the U.S. Collegiate Championship. Over the next three seasons, Pendrith's accomplishments have included:
First Team All-MAC (3 times)
MAC Golfer of the Year
T-2nd in the Canadian Amateur
MAC All-Tournament Team (2 times) The 27-year-old currently plays on the Mackenzie Tour, PGA Tour Canada, as a member of Golf Canada's "Team Canada Young Pro Squad". His extensive list of professional highlights included:
2016 & 2017 Web.com Member
Driving Distance: 320.5 yds (2018 PGA Avg: 295.2)
6 Top 25 Finishes on 2018 Mackenzie Tour
T4 at 2018 Windsor Championship
Finished 3rd on 2015 Mackenzie Tour Money List President and Owner of the Mississauga Steelheads Elliott Kerr made a statement on the latest partnership. "We are extremely excited to have Taylor as the first ever Steelheads brand ambassador. His character on and off the golf course truly demonstrates what the Steelheads organization represents. We know he will carry the brand with pride as he continues to compete in tournaments across North America."
Taylor Pendrith also commented on becoming the latest addition to the Steelheads family. "It's a tremendous honour to become a brand ambassador for the Mississauga Steelheads. As a Canadian kid you are born into the hockey culture and I have great respect for these young kids who are chasing a dream much like myself. Meshing my two passions together, golf and hockey, makes the journey that much more enjoyable."
The hockey club would like to welcome Taylor Pendrith to the Mississauga Steelheads family as he continues to pursue his goal of representing Canada on the PGA Tour.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 8, 2019
- Storm Even Series with Tight 5-4 Win over 67's - Ottawa 67's
- Job Opening: Marketing Manager - London Knights
- Professional Canadian Golfer Taylor Pendrith Joins the Steelheads Family - Mississauga Steelheads
- Friday's 67's Playoff Game Sold Out - Ottawa 67's
- Otters Orientation Camp Scheduled for May 18-19 - Erie Otters
- OHL Championship Series - Game 4 Preview: Ottawa 67's at Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississauga Steelheads Stories
- 2019 Steelheads Hockey Camp Registration Open
- 2019-20 Schedule Released
- Future Fish Friday: Ethan Del Mastro
- Keean Washkurak Season in Review
- Jacob Ingham Honoured with Dayna Brons Honorary Award