Preview: Firebirds Look to Weather the Guelph Storm Saturday in Flint
Flint, Mich. - The Firebirds return home to the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center Saturday, Feb. 23. when the club hosts the Guelph Storm. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. (ET) for the Firebirds' 4th-annual United Auto Workers (UAW) / United Way Night.
There are 13 players that have been drafted and/or signed in the NHL between Flint and Guelph's active rosters, consisting of the Firebirds' Dennis Busby (Arizona Coyotes) and Ty Dellandrea (Dallas Stars) and the Storm's Sean Durzi (Los Angeles Kings), Fedor Gordeev (Toronto Maple Leafs), MacKenzie Entiwstle (Chicago Blackhawks), Liam Hawel (Dallas Stars), Cam Hillis (Montreal Canadiens), Markus Phillips (Los Angeles Kings), Issac Ratcliffe (Philadelphia Flyers), Dmitri Samorukov (Edmonton Oilers), Nate Schnarr (Arizona Coyotes), Nick Suzuki (Montreal Canadiens) and Alexey Toropchenko (St. Louis Blues).
Saturday marks the 15th all-time meeting between Flint and Guelph dating back to the Firebirds' inaugural 2015-16 season. It is the fourth and final contest this season and second and final game against Guelph on home-ice. The Firebirds are 6-6-2-0 overall against the Storm and are 4-3-1-0 vs. Guelph on home-ice in Flint.
Saturday is the Firebirds' 4th-annual United Auto Workers (UAW) / United Way Night. All UAW members will receive a $5 discounted silver level ticket with valid ID at the Dort Federal Event Center Box Office. Fans can see two hockey games for the price of one as Team UAW will face-off vs. Team United Way in the annual 'Live United Game.' Doors open at 3:45 p.m., the game starts at 4 p.m. and fans must have a ticket to the following Firebirds' game at 7 p.m. to gain entrance into the 'Live United' game.
Then, during the Firebirds' game, there will be a silent auction for both the UAW and United Way team jerseys and various other items such as a Tom Brady autographed picture and various Detroit Red Wings' autographed photos to raise money for the United Way. Additionally, all 50-50 and chuck-a-puck proceeds will benefit United Way of Genesee County. United Way is the leadership and support organization for a network of nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories.
Single game tickets for all Firebirds games are $12 Bronze, $16 Silver, $20 Gold and $26 VIP seating (Seating Chart). All seats are reserved / assigned seating. Fans can purchase tickets by calling (810) 744-0580, in-person at the Dort Federal Event Center Box Office or online at ticketmaster.com here.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2019
- Petes Blanked by IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
- Brazeau Nets 50th in Win - North Bay Battalion
- Wolves Take Their Revenge on Colts, 6-4 - Barrie Colts
- Bulldogs Lose 6-3 to Saginaw - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spirit Top Line Combines for Eight Points in Victory over Hamilton - Saginaw Spirit
- Attack Tie It Late, Lose to Otters in OT - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Earn Crucial Extra Point, Win 5-4 in OT - Erie Otters
- IceDogs Beat the Petes - Niagara IceDogs
- Preview: Spirit Face Defending OHL Champs Saturday in Hamilton - Saginaw Spirit
- Meet Mason Martindale and Max Barnard, Our 2019 Boston Pizza Players for the Day - Owen Sound Attack
- 67's Fall 3-2 to Frontenacs - Ottawa 67's
- Preview: Firebirds Look to Weather the Guelph Storm Saturday in Flint - Flint Firebirds
- Rangers Edge Hounds for Second Straight Time - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Firebirds Select Forward Brennan Othmann Second-Overall in OHL Draft Saturday
- Firebirds to Pick 2nd-Overall in 2019 OHL Draft Saturday
- Arizona Coyotes Sign Busby to ATO with Tucson
- Nilsen Signs with Edmonton Oilers' Affiliate Wichita Thunder
- Dellandrea Called-Up to Dallas Stars' AHL Affiliate, Texas Stars