Post-Deadline Rangers Earn Second Straight Win, Drop Spirit
The Kitchener Rangers (27-13-2-0) scored twice on the power play and added another special teams goal while shorthanded en route to a 5-3 road win over the Saginaw Spirit (21-16-3-0) in front of 3,021 fans at the Dow Event Center on Saturday night.
It was the second straight win for the Rangers, who trailed 2-1 after the first period of play but took command through the final 40 minutes, outshooting the Spirit 24-14 - and outscoring them 4-1 - over that span.
Logan Stanley's hot hand carried through from Thursday night in London, as the defender registered a goal and an assist tonight for four points in his last two games.
Givani Smith continues to contribute, scoring in his second straight game since joining the Rangers while Adam Li=A1ka, Kole Sherwood and Nick McHugh were the other goal scorers against the Spirit.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2018
- Petes Wrap up Weekend with a Shootout in North Bay - Peterborough Petes
- 67's Can'T Weather the Storm, Fall 5-4 to Guelph in OT - Ottawa 67's
- Bulldogs Win 4-3 over Flint - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Petes Offense Explodes in Front of Largest Crowd of the Season - Peterborough Petes
- Firebirds Score Power-Play Goal for Seventh Consecutive Game to Secure Franchise Record, Fall 4-3 in - Flint Firebirds
- GAME RECAP: IceDogs Win the Weekend with 5-3 Win over the Otters - Niagara IceDogs
- Post-Deadline Rangers Earn Second Straight Win, Drop Spirit - Kitchener Rangers
- 67s Fall to Flying Petes - Ottawa 67's
- Firebirds Tally Franchise-Record 48 Shots on the Road in Defeat to Oshawa Friday - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.