Ports' Dunshee Named California League Pitcher of the Week
STOCKTON, Calif.- The Ports' starting rotation has impressed thus far and pitcher Parker Dunshee has been recognized by Minor League Baseball as California League Pitcher of the Week.
Dunshee, with a record of 1-0 over 10 innings pitched in his two starts this last week, has caught the eye of those around the league. In those two starts, one against the Lake Elsinore Storm and other against the San Jose Giants, Dunshee gave up only three hits while striking out 14 of the batters he faced.
As of this afternoon, the right-hander is one of four pitchers in the California League with a 0.00 ERA and is sixth in the league in recorded strikeouts.
The Ports open up a new homestand this coming Thursday, April 19th, against the Visalia Rawhide at 7:10pm. Thursday is the team's first cap giveaway of the season, presented by Tuff Shed, and it's also Dollar Beer Night, courtesy of The Deliberation Room. Join the team Friday and Saturday for Star Wars Weekend, complete with a pink light saber giveaway, courtesy of Brookside Christian School, on Friday and a player-worn Star Wars jersey auction plus post-game fireworks show, presented by Food 4 Less/Rancho San Miguel Markets, on Saturday. The short four game homestand will wrap up on Sunday, April 22nd with Bark in the Ballpark, sponsored by Pet Supplies Plus.
Ports' ticket memberships, group tickets, mini-plans, and individual game tickets are currently available for purchase online at stocktonports.com, by calling the Ports front office at (209) 644-1900, or by visiting the Ports' Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Ports' Dunshee Named California League Pitcher of the Week - Stockton Ports
- Welker Named Cal League Player of the Week - Lancaster JetHawks
- Nine-Run Inning Dooms 66ers at Rancho Cucamonga - Inland Empire 66ers
- Sixers on Wong End of Finale at Rancho Cucamonga - Inland Empire 66ers
- Quakes Outlast Sixers, Win 7-6 on Walk-Off Error - Inland Empire 66ers
- Lightning Strikes Twice for Giants, Ports Fall 5-4 - Stockton Ports
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.