PORT HURON PROWLERS at DANVILLE DASHERS
Cory Simons had a monster game in net for the Port Huron Prowlers to spur them to victory.
The first period set the tone for the game early with both teams fighting for every inch of ice and puck control they had. Dalton Jay put the Prowlers up early with a backhander which would wind up being the only goal of the period.
The second period was more of the same with both teams struggling for overall puck control. Nathan Robson was able to put a puck past Aaron Taylor to put the Prowlers up 2-0 early in the period which would be the score until 9 seconds left in the period when Jimmy Soper would deflect a puck into the net to make it a 1 goal lead heading into the 3rd.
Yianni Liarakos and Austin Daae would add a goal a piece to the total making it a 4-1 game until late in the period when Dustin Henning would score to make it a 4-2 final score.
The Prowlers were able to win using excellent penalty kill and a huge game from net minder Cory Simons who had 51 saves and added an assist.
The Dashers will look to rebound against Watertown in a 3 game series going from Friday to Sunday and Port Huron will play next against Carolina on January 12th.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Hockey League message board...
Federal Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2018
- PORT HURON PROWLERS at DANVILLE DASHERS - Carolina Thunderbirds
- FHL Ice Chips - Game Recaps - Carolina Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Carolina Thunderbirds Stories
- Thunderbirds Eliminated from the Playoffs in the Longest Game in FHL History
- Yates Hat-Trick Gives Wolves Dramatic Overtime Victory
- Thunderbirds Dominate Prowlers 4-1
- Thunderbirds End Prowlers Winning Streak Again, Beat Port Huron 4-1
- Carolina Scores 3 Unanswered Late, Fall 5-3 to Port Huron