Phoenix Mercury Announce 2018 Preseason Schedule
PHOENIX - The three-time WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury today announced its 2018 preseason schedule, which will feature two games against the WNBA's all-time assists leader, Sue Bird, and the Seattle Storm.
The Mercury and Storm will open the preseason on Tuesday, May 8, at 12 p.m., at KeyArena in Seattle, before returning to Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix to square-off in a 7 p.m. tip on Saturday, May 12. Following the Mercury's two preseason games, Phoenix will open the regular season by hosting 2018 Fry's Food Stores Opening Night on Friday, May 18, against the Dallas Wings.
WNBA all-time leading scorer Diana Taurasi and 2017 WNBA scoring champion Brittney Griner return to Phoenix this summer to lead the Mercury in a quest for the franchise's WNBA-record tying fourth championship. Tickets for Fry's Food Stores Opening Night on Friday, May 18, can be purchased by calling 602.252.WNBA or by visiting PhoenixMercury.com.
2018 PHOENIX MERCURY PRESEASON SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT SITE TIME (PST)
Tue., May 8 Seattle Storm KeyArena, Seattle 12 p.m.
Sat., May 12 Seattle Storm Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 15, 2018
- Chicago Sky Center Stefanie Dolson to Play in NBA All-Star Celebrity Game - Chicago Sky
- LA Sparks Announce Michael Fischer as Assistant General Manager - Los Angeles Sparks
- Seattle Announces Preseason Slate against Phoenix, Fourth Annual Storm into STEM Day - Seattle Storm
- Phoenix Mercury Announce 2018 Preseason Schedule - Phoenix Mercury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.