Philadelphia Union Receive $175,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union announced today that the club has traded the MLS rights of midfielder Derrick Jones to Nashville SC in exchange for $175,000 in General Allocation Money. The trade will take effect on January 1, 2020. Jones will spend the rest of the 2019 season on loan with Nashville SC in USL before the club joins Major League Soccer as an expansion side next year.
"We would like to thank Derrick for his contributions to the Union over the past four seasons," said Ernst Tanner, Union Sporting Director. "Derrick has been through some difficult situations this season, both on and off the field, and both he and the club agree that a change of scenery is best for all parties involved at this time. All of us wish him nothing but future success with Nashville."
Tanner will be available to members of the media tomorrow at the Power Training Complex (2501 Seaport Drive, Chester PA 19013). Tanner will be available fieldside following Union training; members of the media are encouraged to arrive by 11:00 a.m. ET.
All $175,000 in GAM will convey in 2020. The Union also retain a 20% sell-on clause should Jones be transferred outside of MLS in the future.
Jones appeared in 26 matches (11 starts) with the Union since signing with the club in 2016.
TRANSACTIONS: Philadelphia Union trade MLS rights of midfielder Derrick Jones to Nashville SC in exchange for $175,000 in General Allocation Money, with the trade taking effect on January 1, 2020; the Union retain a 20% sell-on clause should Jones be transferred outside of MLS in the future. Additionally, the Union loan Jones to Nashville SC in USL for the remainder of 2019 on May 9, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 9, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 9, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Receive $175,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC Launches "Women in Sports Week" - Los Angeles FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign New York Native Alex Muyl to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Know Your Opponent | Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Announces Community Partnership with WSS - Los Angeles FC
- Brad Friedel Relieved of Duties as New England Revolution Head Coach - New England Revolution
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Home Match against Galaxy - Los Angeles FC
- TeleXitos to Televise Dynamo Away Games in Spanish - Houston Dynamo
- Time Changed for Columbus Home Game - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Time Change for August 25th Road Match against FC Cincinnati - Columbus Crew SC
- Impact Comes from Behind to Defeat Red Bulls 2-1 in New Jersey - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Debut "Union Classic"
- Union earn a point in Los Angeles with three goals; Glesnes scores first MLS goal
- Three Philadelphia Union Players to Join CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Roster
- Glesnes debuts for Union; Homegrowns feature in season opener
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Kacper Przybylko to Contract Extension