Philadelphia Union Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Month
May 2, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK (Thursday, May 2, 2013) - Philadelphia Union forward Jack McInerney was voted Major League Soccer Player of the Month by the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) for the month of April in the 2013 MLS season.
Jack McInerney has had one of the best monthly performances in Philadelphia Union history. He currently sits atop the Budweiser Golden Boot standings with six goals (four scored in April), and is the youngest MLS player ever to do so. He won Player of the Week (week 8) with his standout two goal performance in the Philadelphia Union's 3-2 victory over D.C. United.
McInerney has been a vital offensive force, scoring the Union's only goals in their 1-1 draws with Toronto FC and the Columbus Crew. He has contributed to every goal scored by the Union in their first seven games of the season, a new club record.
McInerney and the Philadelphia Union kick off the month of May when they host Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday, May 4, at 4:00 p.m. ET.
The MLS Player of the Month is selected each month of the regular season by a panel of journalists from NASR. The group consists of members of print, television, radio and online media. More information and membership information can be found at http://www.soccerreporters.com/%20.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 2, 2013
- LA Galaxy Academy Update - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Jose Villarreal Looks to Parlay Successful U-20 Camp into LA Galaxy Starting Role - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Focusing on SKC - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Q&A: MLS Commissioner Don Garber - Columbus Crew SC
- Colin Clark Prepares to Face His Former Club for First Time - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Waive Gonzalez Emerson, Hustedt; Activate Ballouchy from Disabled List - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Goalkeeper Dan Kennedy Extends Contract with the Red-And-White Until 2016 - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Crew to Host MLS Business Summit September 10-12 - Columbus Crew SC
- Goalkeeper Josh Ford Placed on Disabled List - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Add Ghanaian Midfielder Aminu Abdallah - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- San Jose Earthquakes to Host English Premier League's Norwich City at Buck Shaw Stadium on July 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Play Host to Norwich City FC of England's Premier League - Portland Timbers
- Tickets for Amway Canadian Championship Game on Sale at Noon - Montreal Impact
- 'Caps down Edmonton 5-2 on aggregate, will play Montreal in final - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.