Philadelphia Union and Bimbo Bakeries USA Unveil Artesano Bakery Bread Brand as Away Jersey Logo
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union and Bimbo Bakeries USA (Bimbo), the largest baking company in the United States, unveiled Bimbo brand Artesano Bakery Bread, as the away kit logo for the 2020 season. This announcement comes as a part of Bimbo's partnership renewal through 2023 and the move to two logos is a first of its kind for any MLS sponsor and club.
"Innovation is a part of the Philadelphia Union's DNA. We have consistently pushed the envelope in the MLS and I am incredibly proud to continue to break ground alongside our partner Bimbo by being the first in the league to introduce differing logos on the primary and secondary kits," said Tim McDermott, Philadelphia Union President.
"As the Philadelphia Union jersey sponsor for nearly a decade, we are proud to passionately support our hometown team and connect with fans," said Vince Melchiorre, Senior Vice President at Bimbo Bakeries USA. "We're excited to extend that opportunity with the addition of our Artesano brand to the away jersey for 2020.
The Union and Bimbo renewed their official, exclusive jersey sponsorship deal ahead of the 2020 season which included the option to vary sponsor branding on home and away kits.
In addition, the Union and Bimbo will launch a new platform to invest in youth development through soccer programs and monthly community service projects in the Greater Delaware Valley area.
For more information, please visit www.PhiladelphiaUnion.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 17, 2020
- Philadelphia Union and Bimbo Bakeries USA Unveil Artesano Bakery Bread Brand as Away Jersey Logo - Philadelphia Union
- FC Cincinnati Place Fanendo Adi, Jimmy Hague on Waivers - FC Cincinnati
- Know Before You Go: Kit Reveal Party Presented by Renasant Bank - Nashville SC
- Pressure Hardened Gallese Ready to Make MLS Impact - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires $75,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money from the Montreal Impact - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Academy Product Mauricio Pineda - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Acquires Peruvian Goalkeeper Pedro Gallese - Orlando City SC
- Midfielder Allan Cruz, Defender Mathieu Deplagne Become U.S. Permanent Residents - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Head Coach Adrian Heath - Minnesota United FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Colombian Winger Cristian Dajome Via Transfer from Bogota FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Signs Veteran Defender Edgar Castillo - Atlanta United FC
- Impact to Play Five Preseason Games in Florida - Montreal Impact
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Sebastian Berhalter - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Unveils Official Training Ground at Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - Orlando City SC
- MNUFC Signs Midfielder James Musa - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Kevin Paredes - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Sign Team Captain Alejandro Bedoya to Contract Extension
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Broadcast Schedule and Partners, PHL 17 and 6abc
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July
- Philadelphia Union and Subaru of America Announce Stadium Naming Rights Partnership
- Philadelphia Union Foundation Announce Legends of Soccer Benefit