Phantoms Power Play
3 Stars of the Week:
TJ in OT
T.J. Brennan was the hero in Friday night's game against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers as his overtime winner gave the Phantoms a 4-3 victory. Brennan is now tied for third in Phantoms history with four OT winners.
What a Knight
After being injured in a game with the Flyers back in October, Corban Knight returned last weekend and notched two assists. In just his third game with the Phantoms this season, Knight scored two goals on Saturday. He now has five points in three games since returning.
Welcome Back, Big Guy
6-foot-7 defenseman Sam Morin needed knee surgery after getting injured in the 5 OT thriller against Charlotte on May 9, 2018 during last year's playoffs. After nine long months of rehab, Morin finally was able to return and play his first game of the season on Friday against Bridgeport.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Friday, February 15, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 4, Bridgeport Sound Tigers 3 (OT)
The Phantoms won a thrilling game on Friday against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers thanks to an overtime winner from T.J. Brennan. After falling down 2-0 in the first period, two goals from Greg Carey evened the score in the third period. Colin McDonald gave Lehigh Valley the lead before Bridgeport answered to force overtime, where Brennan earned the Phantoms the two points.
Saturday, February 16, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 2, Hershey Bears 3 (SO)
Corban Knight scored twice for Lehigh Valley, including the game tying goal with 1:09 left in the third period with the Phantoms' goalie pulled. Lehigh Valley earned a point but eventually fell to Hershey in a shootout.
Sunday, February 17, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 3, Hershey Bears 4
Nic Aube-Kubel notched a goal and an assist for his first points since missing 10 games due to injury. Tyrell Goulbourne and Mikhail Vorobyev also scored for the Phantoms but it wasn't enough to complete the comeback as Hershey won 4-3 in front of a sold out PPL Center.
Friday, February 22, 2019
Vs. Charlotte Checkers - Bojangles' Coliseum
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will make their first trip to Charlotte of the season this weekend. Charlotte holds the best record in the AHL with 75 points through 55 games. The Phantoms are currently 1-1 against the Checkers this season after two games at PPL Center on November 10 and 14. Their win came on November 14 as T.J. Brennan scored the game winner in overtime and Carter Hart made an AHL career-high 35 saves in the win.
Saturday, February 23, 2019
Vs. Charlotte Checkers - Bojangles' Coliseum
The Phantoms went 4-4 against the Checkers during the regular season last year before the two teams eventually squared off in the Calder Cup Playoffs. Lehigh Valley eliminated Charlotte in five games, including a 2-1 victory in the epic 5OT Game 4 in Charlotte on May 9. It marked the longest game in AHL history and Alex Lyon was incredible, making 94 saves on 95 shots.
Phantoms In The Community:
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms hosted their first Very Important Phantom of the season, welcoming 11-year-old, Carsen. Carsen was diagnosed with medullablastoma, a type of brain cancer, in July 2014. He went through six weeks of daily chemo and radiation, then six treatments of monthly chemotherapy. On Sunday, he received a tour of the locker room, where a special customized jersey was waiting for him signed by his favorite player, Colin McDonald. Carsen greeted the team as they took the ice and dropped the puck before the game. Carsen is currently four years in remission!
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2018-19 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join the Voice of the Phantoms, Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2018-19 season are available online at pplcenter.com, by calling 610-347-TIXX  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Defenseman McArdle Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Acquires Former First-Rounder Holland for Raddysh - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 20 Report: Surging Hogs Win 8 of 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Reign Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Moose Games to Air on TSN2 - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Accepting Nominations for Grandparent of the Year - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackout Cancer Jersey Auction Raises Record Amount - Bakersfield Condors
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Streaking Bears Make History, Climb in Standings - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- First-Place Griffins Finish Homestand, Travel to Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dal Colle Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Weekly: Penguins Host Hershey and Rockford in Pair of Upcoming Home Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canucks Sign Goaltender Michael Leighton, Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Release Derek Pratt from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Adam Clendening, Assign Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Flyers Recall G Brian Elliott from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Loan G Sam Montembeault to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts