Petes Offense Explodes in Front of Largest Crowd of the Season
Peterborough, ON - Six Petes recorded multi-point nights in front of 3,580 raucous fans, as Peterborough defeated the Ottawa 67's 6-2 on home ice Saturday night.
Petes captain Logan DeNoble recorded his second career four-point night with one goal and three assists. For the second straight game, Nikita Korostelev put away two goals while earning an assist. Tampa Bay Lightning Prospect Chris Paquette tallied two markers, while Detroit Red Wings prospect Zach Gallant registered a single goal.
Semyone Der-Arguchintsev assisted on three goals. Matt Timms and Pavel Gogolev posted two assists each, while Austin Osmanski earned a single helper.
Dylan Wells posted 37 saves. Peterborough outshot Ottawa 44-39. They were 3/7 on the power play, and 5/6 on the penalty kill.
Ottawa 67's vs Peterborough Petes Box Score>
1st Period: 13:25 (PBO) Korostelev (19) (Der-Arguchintsev, DeNoble) PP. 13:59 (PBO) Paquette (11) (DeNoble, Gogolev) PP.
2nd Period: 3:44 (OTT) Clark (16) (Robertson, Chmelevski) PP.
3rd Period: 0:13 (PBO) Gallant (10) (Timms, Osmanski). 8:45 (PBO) DeNoble (19) (Korostelev, Der-Arguchintsev). 9:11 (PBO) Korostelev (20) (DeNoble, Der-Arguchintsev). 9:40 (PBO) Paquette (12) (Gogolev, Timms) PP. 18:07 (OTT) True (4) (Rippon, Bahl).
Goalies: Dylan Wells (Peterborough) - 37/39 .949 SV%. ... Olivier Tremblay (Ottawa) - 31/37, .838 SV% ... Cedrick Andree (Ottawa) - 7/7, 1.000 SV%.
The Petes head to North Bay for a matinee match up with the Battalion at 2:00pm. They'll return to the PMC on Thursday, January 18 to host the Kingston Frontenacs at 7:05pm. Game tickets are available starting at $8 through the Collins Barrow PMC Box Office, online or, by phone at (705) 743-3561.
The Peterborough Petes are the oldest continuously operating team in the Ontario Hockey League, having won nine OHL championships and one Memorial Cup championship over 61 years. The Petes have graduated over 180 players to the National Hockey League.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2018
- Petes Wrap up Weekend with a Shootout in North Bay - Peterborough Petes
- 67's Can'T Weather the Storm, Fall 5-4 to Guelph in OT - Ottawa 67's
- Bulldogs Win 4-3 over Flint - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Petes Offense Explodes in Front of Largest Crowd of the Season - Peterborough Petes
- Firebirds Score Power-Play Goal for Seventh Consecutive Game to Secure Franchise Record, Fall 4-3 in - Flint Firebirds
- GAME RECAP: IceDogs Win the Weekend with 5-3 Win over the Otters - Niagara IceDogs
- Post-Deadline Rangers Earn Second Straight Win, Drop Spirit - Kitchener Rangers
- 67s Fall to Flying Petes - Ottawa 67's
- Firebirds Tally Franchise-Record 48 Shots on the Road in Defeat to Oshawa Friday - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.