Peterborough Petes App to Shut Down on January 31
(Peterborough, ON) - The Peterborough Petes announced Monday that their official mobile app will officially shut down on January 31, 2019.
Hopscotch, the developer of the Petes App, will be ceasing operations on January 31, and as a result the Petes App and the mobile applications of several other Canadian Hockey League and minor professional teams will no longer be functional or available for download.
Fans that are registered Petes app users that have a loyalty rewards points balance will be able to redeem their points for prizes until December 31, 2019. Registered users will be contacted by the Petes via the email address associated with their account with further instructions as to how to redeem their points.
"It is an unfortunate reality in the mobile app development industry that companies who are thriving one moment may be forced - due to a myriad of both internal and external forces - to cease operations the next," reflected Petes Executive Director of Business Operations Burton Lee. "We know that Petes fans enjoyed using our app, and we look forward to learning from the experience working with Hopscotch as we get ready to launch a new mobile platform in the coming months."
As a way to thank the thousands of loyal Petes App users, and to top up fans who are close to earning rewards including Petes tickets and merchandise, enter rewards code ClosingTime in the My Rewards section of the App before January 30, 2019 to earn 50 loyalty points. The team, in conjunction with the Canadian Hockey League, plans to offer an expanded and improved loyalty program in the near future.
The team will continue to keep fans up to date with all things Petes - including rosters, stats, schedules, and news - through their website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 28, 2019
- Knights' Liam Foudy Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - OHL
- Free Bell Let's Talk Toque for First 2,000 Fans at Wednesday's Bell Let's Talk Game Night - Peterborough Petes
- Sting Primer: January 29 - Sarnia Sting
- Rangers and CMHA Waterloo Wellington Team up for Talk Today Game - Kitchener Rangers
- Peterborough Petes App to Shut Down on January 31 - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes to Face Oshawa Generals in Eastern Conference Quarter-Final
- Petes Fall to Wolves in Regular Season Finale
- Petes Fan Bus Trip Tickets on Sale Now for the 2019 Eastern Conference Quarter-Final
- Petes Get Revenge in the Nation's Capital
- Petes Earn Point against 67's in Overtime