Peter 'Woody' Kern has Surgery
Tampa - Longtime Tampa Bay Storm owner and current minority owner Peter "Woody" Kern, recently had surgery for an aortic aneurysm and is currently in critical condition at Memorial Herman Heart & Vascular Institute at the Texas Medical Center in Houston.
"Woody is a great friend of mine and we are deeply concerned for his health and well-being," said head coach and general manager Tim Marcum. "We are keeping Woody in our thoughts and prayers."
During a normal check-up, doctors diagnosed Kern with an aortic aneurysm and brought him for surgery Wednesday, March 25 at Memorial Herman Heart & Vascular Institute at the Texas Medical Center located in Houston. The surgery lasted five hours as the doctors worked to fix the aneurysm and a second one discovered during the surgery. He is currently in the intensive care unit in critical condition.
For those that know Woody, Marcum has asked for them to keep Kern in their prayers.
A native of Pilot Point, Texas, Kern purchased the Storm in September of 1994. Under his watch the team won three championships and recorded an overall record of 138-85. He is President and CEO of PCK management located in Denton, Texaas. Kern married his wife, Sherri, in 1996 and has eight children; Jennifer, Cari, Ryan, Lindsay Jo, Blair, Bo and Kristen.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from March 31, 2009
- Peter 'Woody' Kern has Surgery - Tampa Bay Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football