Penguins Weekly: Penguins Host Hershey and Rockford in Pair of Upcoming Home Games
Wednesday, Feb. 13 - PENGUINS 3 at Hershey 4 (SO)
Back-and-forth scoring between Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Hershey required a shootout to decide the victor. The Bears went two-for-two and denied attempts by Sam Miletic and Jimmy Hayes to earn the extra point.
Saturday, Feb. 16 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Utica 3 (OT)
Down by two goals in the third period, the Penguins tallied twice to force OT, including Ryan Haggerty's equalizer in the final minute of regulation. End-to-end action in the extra frame concluded in favor of the Comets.
Sunday, Feb. 17 - PENGUINS 5 at Hartford 4 (OT)
The Penguins' third overtime game of the week finally saw them come out on top after 60 minutes of wild momentum swings. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton scored three goals in the second period and carried a three-goal edge into the final frame. Hartford answered with three goals of their own in the third period. Adam Johnson sealed the victory for the Pens, knifing in his first career overtime goal.
The Week Ahead
Friday, Feb. 22 - PENGUINS vs. Hershey
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton looks to extinguish the hot Hershey Bears who are on a 15-game point streak (14-0-0-1). Adam Johnson has eight points (5G-3A) in the season series against Hershey, the most on Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's active roster.
Sunday, Feb. 24 - PENGUINS vs. Rockford
The Penguins host the IceHogs for the first and only time this season on a Kids Free Sunday. Kids ages 14 and under enter the arena free of change with the paid purchase of an adult ticket. The IceHogs got the better of the Pens in their only game earlier this month, largely thanks to Anton Forsberg's 45 saves. Rockford has the best team save percentage in the AHL (.917).
- Ryan Haggerty has found the back of the net in three consecutive games, and he has earned 10 points (7G-3A) in his last 10 games.
- Chris Summers notched his first goal of the season on Sunday and established a new career-high 13 points.
- Ethan Prow ranks third among all AHL defensemen in goals (16) and is tied for third among league D in points (38).
- Goaltender John Muse has won his last four starts with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Zach Trotman played in his 300th professional game on Saturday.
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has posted points in three-straight games with all three contests going beyond regulation.
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Fri, Feb. 22 Hershey Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Feb. 24 Rockford Mohegan Sun Arena 3:05 p.m.
Tue, Feb. 12 (C) Cam Brown Reassigned to WHL
Tue, Feb. 12 (D) Kevin Spinozzi Reassigned to WHL
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Defenseman McArdle Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Acquires Former First-Rounder Holland for Raddysh - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 20 Report: Surging Hogs Win 8 of 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Reign Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Moose Games to Air on TSN2 - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Accepting Nominations for Grandparent of the Year - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackout Cancer Jersey Auction Raises Record Amount - Bakersfield Condors
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Streaking Bears Make History, Climb in Standings - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- First-Place Griffins Finish Homestand, Travel to Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dal Colle Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Weekly: Penguins Host Hershey and Rockford in Pair of Upcoming Home Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canucks Sign Goaltender Michael Leighton, Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Release Derek Pratt from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Adam Clendening, Assign Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Flyers Recall G Brian Elliott from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Loan G Sam Montembeault to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Recall Macoy Erkamps from Wheeling
- Weekly: Penguins Rolling with First Win Streak of Season
- Penguins Recall Brandon Hawkins
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils