Penguins Sign Forward Kyle Olson
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed forward Kyle Olson to an American Hockey League contract for the 2020-21 season.
Olson just wrapped up a five-year career in the Western Hockey League, during which he played predominantly for the Tri-City Americans. Drafted by the Anaheim Ducks in the fourth round (122nd overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft, Olsen earned 53 goals and 116 assists for 169 points in 205 games with the Americans and tacked on an additional eight goals and 10 assists in 14 games with the Calgary Hitmen. The Calgary, Alberta native also served as captain of the Americans before a mid-season trade to the Hitmen during the WHL's most recent season.
The 21-year-old rookie will report to the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers, for its training camp immediately after undergoing travel quarantine protocol. The Nailers are scheduled to begin their 2020-21 season on Saturday, Dec. 12 at home against the Indy Fuel.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2020
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Stanley Steemer Teddy and Toy Toss Drive-Thru December 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Sign Forward Kyle Olson - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- San Diego Gulls Announce Virtual Reading Is the Goal Program to Begin January 4, 2021 - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Recall Robert, Sign Three to Tryouts
- Kevin Porter Hired as Penguins Assistant Coach
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Among 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season
- Penguins Sign Forward Jordan Nolan
- Penguins Sign Forward Kyle Olson